The University of Oxford Clarendon Fund Scholarships 2022 is among the most popular scholarships for international students in the United Kingdom 2022.
This article is a guide on how to apply for Clarendon Fund scholarships for international students, Scholarship amount, Scholarships Type, Eligibility, and Application Process.
Other Related scholarships:
- Babson College Scholarships
- Fairleigh Dickinson Scholarships
- Bristol University Think Big Scholarships
- Sociology PhD Studentship Opportunities
About Clarendon Fund Scholarships
Clarendon not only offers over 160 new, fully-funded scholarships each year to assist outstanding graduate scholars, but offers the opportunity to join one of the most active, highly international, and multidisciplinary communities at Oxford.
Clarendon Scholarship Eligibility
As a guideline, applications are assessed against the following criteria:
Outstanding academic record
An excellent academic record is essential. The majority of successful scholars usually have at least a first class honours degree or its equivalent. For example, a GPA score of at least 3.7, if the mark is out of 4, noting that a lot of the Clarendon scholars achieve higher than this score.
Or an applicant must have an outstanding academic record at Master’s level, noting that an exceptional Master’s degree can compensate for a moderate first degree performance. Requirements may vary between disciplines and from year to year depending on the strength of the field.
Other evidence of high academic achievement may include individual marks on student transcripts; evidence of previous university prizes or awards; information on your overall position within your cohort; and publications (if applicable).
Future potential and aptitude
Particular consideration is given to an applicant’s future academic potential and aptitude of the proposed course of study. This may be assessed by reviewing references and research proposals to determine evidence of an applicant’s aptitude for research, and the likelihood of contributing significantly to the field of study.
This is assessed through evidence of the applicant’s commitment to the proposed course as well as evaluation of the personal statement and the referees’ reports.
Clarendon Scholarship Application Process
When selecting Clarendon scholars, the University has only one goal in mind: to choose the best students worldwide, as decided by experts in each student’s field.
- Apply by the December or January deadline, whichever is relevant to your course, to be considered for a Clarendon scholarship.
- Your application to your course will be considered by the academics working in your proposed field of study. They will assess the academic quality and suitability of your application.
- The department will make the final decision on your graduate place and will notify you with an outcome. See decision timeline for more details.
- In parallel, academics within your department will determine who to nominate to the division for a Clarendon scholarship based on the selection criteria.
How to Apply for Clarendon Fund Scholarships for International Students
Applicants are to CLICK HERE to apply for admission to Babson University, USA. Applicants will automatically be considered for the scholarship if they meet the requirements.
For more information regarding the Babson University, USA presidential scholarship, visit the official scholarship page.
Now It’s Your Turn
Now I’d like to hear from you:
Are you going to apply for Clarendon Scholarships Right Away?
Or maybe you’re ready to start searching for other financial aid.
Either way, leave a comment below right now