Welcome to the Information about Georgia Visa – Requirements & How to Apply page. If you are here to learn more about Georgia Visa? Then you’re at the right place.
Georgia has a unique and ancient cultural heritage and is famed for its traditions of hospitality and cuisine. It is a land with a magnificent history and unparalleled natural beauty.
People who travel to Georgia are allowed entry because they ‘ve visa unless you are from one of the visa-exempt countries below.
- 1 Do I Need a Georgia Visa?
- 2 What Are the Types of Georgia Visas that I Can Apply for?
- 3 Georgia Visa Requirements
- 4 How to Apply for a Georgia Visa?
- 5 Georgia Visa fees
- 6 Other Related Visas
Do I Need a Georgia Visa?
The only category of people who don’t need a visa to enter Georgia are only those who are from one of the visa-exempt countries except that every other person needs a Georgia visa either for tourism, work, studying or any other purpose for up to one year (unless otherwise specified) to enter Georgia.
Below are Georgia visa-exempt countries:
|Any European Union country*||Albania||Andorra||Antigua and Barbuda||Argentina|
|Barbados||Belarus||Belize||Bosnia and Herzegovina||Botswana|
|Brazil||Brunei||Canada||Chile (up to 90 days in a 180-day period)||Colombia|
|Costa Rica||Dominican Republic||Ecuador||El Salvador||Honduras|
|Iceland||Iran (only up to 45 days)||Israel||Japan||Jordan|
|Qatar||Russia||Saint Vincent and the Grenadines||San Marino||Saudi Arabia*|
|Serbia||Seychelles||Singapore||South Africa||South Korea|
|United Arab Emirates||Ukraine||The United Kingdom British Overseas Territories **||United States||Uruguay (only up to 90 days)|
- Citizens of the EU, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia may simply enter with their ID.
- It only applies to citizens of Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar and Turks, and Caicos Islands.
Other Georgia Visa exemptions
Additionally, you are exempt from a Georgia visa for if you fall under one of the following categories:
- You have a visa or residence permit issued by an EU, EFTA, or GCC country, or from Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea or the United States.
- You may stay for up to 90 days within a 180-day period.
- Visas and residence permits issued by overseas territories of EU countries are also included, except those issued by Anguilla, Montserrat, Pitcairn, Saint Helena, Ascension, and Tristan da Cunha.
- You are a member of the Georgia diaspora but have a passport issued by a country who is subject to Georgia visas. You may stay visa-free for up to 30 days.
- You have a diplomatic or official/service passport issued by China, Egypt, Guyana, Indonesia, Iran and Peru.
- You have a United Nations laissez-passer (up to one year).
What Are the Types of Georgia Visas that I Can Apply for?
The Georgia government issues the following types of visa to foreign nationals:
- Category A (Georgia Diplomatic Visa).
- Category B (Georgia Special Visa).
- Category C (Ordinary Georgia Visa).
- Category D (Georgia Immigration Visa).
- Category T (Georgia Transit Visa).
Georgia Diplomatic Visa
This type of Georgia visa, as the name suggests, is issued to foreign diplomats who are visiting Georgia for diplomatic and official reasons. The family members of the main visa holder are also included.
Georgia Special Visa
This type of Georgia visa is issued to:
- Service passport holders and members of foreign delegations visiting Georgia for work and to their family members.
- Consular workers, administrative, technical and service staff of foreign diplomatic missions, and international and humanitarian organizations located in Georgia.
- Members of military/peacekeeping forces and international bilateral/multilateral treaties of Georgia
- Members of missions of benefit to Georgia
Ordinary Georgia Visa
The Category C visa is the type of Georgia visa you need if you are travelling for tourism or other short-term purposes (not included in the categories above). Ordinary Georgia Visas are then further divided into:
- Georgia Tourist Visa (Georgia C1 Visa), issued to foreigners travelling to Georgia for tourism
- Georgia Visitor Visa (Georgia C2 Visa), issued to foreigners who are travelling to Georgia to visit friends and/or family
- Georgia Business Visa (Georgia C3 Visa), issued to foreigners who are travelling to Georgia to conduct business, take part in a cultural/sports/pedagogical event, as a journalist, etc.
- Georgia Mission Visa (Georgia C4 Visa), issued to foreigners travelling to Georgia as part of a humanitarian mission during life-threatening situations
Georgia Immigration Visa
This is the type of visa issued to foreigners who want to enter Georgia with the purpose of long-term settlement, such as:
- Georgia Work Visa, issued to foreign nationals who have found a job in Georgia or are joining the Georgian branch of a foreign company
- Georgia Student Visa, issued to international students who have been accepted into a Georgian higher education institution
- Georgia Family Visa, issued to foreign nationals who want to join a family member who is a Georgian citizen or legal resident.
Georgia Transit Visa
The transit visa for Georgia is for visa-required nationals who have to transit through the territory of Georgia on their way to a third country.
Georgia Visa Requirements
When applying for a Georgia visa, you must have several documents to support your application, including:
- Printed-out Georgia Visa Application Form. You have to complete the form online, print it, and sign it.
- Your passport, which has been issued in the last ten years and has at least two blank pages. Your passport must be valid for at least three more months from the time you intend to depart Georgia.
- Proof of sufficient financial means to cover the duration of your stay, such as:
- Bank statements from the last six months
- A letter confirming your salary
- Pay slips, etc.
- Confirmed round-trip ticket.
- Travel health insurance, covering the entire duration of your stay.
- Proof of accommodation in Georgia.
- Proof that you have paid the Georgia visa fee.
- Passport-size pictures, in line with Georgia visa photo requirements. The picture you attached when applying for a Georgia visa should have the following specifications:
- Dimensions: 5 mm length x 4 mm width
- Resolution: 300 DPI
- Taken in front of a white or off-white background
- It should be taken recently (no older than six months) and reflect your current appearance
- You must be staring straight ahead at the camera
- You must not have glasses on
- You must not have any headgear. Only head coverings for religious purposes are accepted, and only when they do not obstruct the face
- The picture must be of high quality – there cannot be any under-, or over-exposure, shadows, or glare.
- Any additional documents attesting to the purpose of your trip (see below).
Georgia Tourist Visa (Georgia C1 Visa) Requirements
If you are travelling to Georgia for tourism (ie. on a Georgia C1 Visa), in addition to the standard set of documents listed above, you need:
- Proof of accommodation shown in the form of:
- Hotel reservation
- Rental agreements
- If you are staying with a friend/relative: A notarized Letter of Invitation from the person inviting you. You can download the Invitation Form from the website of the Georgia Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- If you are travelling with a travel agency or organized group: Include the trip itinerary or agenda
Georgia Business Visa (Georgia C3 Visa) Requirements
If you apply for a Georgia C3 Visa (Business Visa), the additional documents you need are:
- Notarized Letter of Invitation or Invitation Form from the company that you will visit or conduct business with while in Georgia. You can download the Invitation Form from the website of the Georgia Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- If applicable: Sufficient financial means can be shown through proof of sponsorship or proof your employer will cover your expenses.
- Letter from your employer confirming your employment, and that you are undertaking the trip for business purposes.
Georgia Work Visa Requirements
If you are travelling to Georgia because you have found a job, and will be employed there, you also need the following documents, in addition to the standard ones:
- The employment contract, stating the duration and nature of your employment and the salary you will receive.
- Proof of academic certificates or other qualifications
Georgia Student Visa Requirements
If you have been accepted into a Georgia educational institution, when you apply for the Georgia Student Visa, you will also need the following:
- Letter of enrollment in the authorized education institution in Georgia
- Proof of financial means, such as through:
- Bank statements from the past 6 months
- Proof you have obtained a scholarship
- Proof of sponsorship
- Proof you have paid the tuition fee
- Proof of previous academic qualifications
Family Visa Requirements
When you apply for a Georgia Family Visa, the additional documents you need include:
- Documents proving family relationship, such as:
- A marriage certificate for spouses
- Birth certificate for parent-child relationship
- Proof of the sponsor’s legal status in Georgia, such as their ID Card or Residence Card
This is not an exhaustive list of the required documents. The embassy or consulate in which you apply may ask for additional documents as they see fit.
The documents you submit have to be translated either in Georgian or English, and both the translation and original have to be submitted.
Several of your documents may have to be legalized through an Apostille Stamp or at the Georgian embassy or consulate or notarized, or both.
How to Apply for a Georgia Visa?
You have to apply for a Georgia visa at a Georgian diplomatic mission in your country or in a neighbouring country, unless you are eligible for the Georgia eVisa (see below). The application process for a Georgia visa is as follows:
- Submit an online application. First, you have to submit an electronic application through the E-Application System, so as to make your appointment for the submission of documents at an embassy or consulate. (Submit the electronic application here.)
- You also have to upload a picture (size: 5 mm length x 4 mm width, resolution: 300 DPI). Make sure the picture follows the exact requirements described below, or the program will not allow you to upload it.
- Gather the required documents. After you submit the Georgia visa online application, you must gather the required documents which support your visa application (see Georgia visa requirements below).
- Pay the Georgia visa fee.
- Submit the documents at a Georgian diplomatic mission. After you pay the visa fee and have gathered the documents, you must submit them in person or by mail at a Georgian diplomatic mission. You choose which diplomatic mission you will apply in from the E-Application System.
Once your visa is processed, the Georgia consular/embassy staff will affix the visa on your passport. They will either mail the passport back to you, or you have to go pick it up yourself.
You can use your visa to enter Georgia for the number of days that is indicated.
Georgia Visa fees
The Georgia visa fee is €20. You have to make the payment at the bank account of the Georgia consulate or embassy in which you will submit your documents. Find out where to submit the visa fee payment here.
You may also have to pay a 2% service fee, depending on the consulate/embassy, as well as the bank service fee.
Other Related Visas
- Schengen Visa – All You Need to Know
- Turkey Visa – Applications and Guidelines
- Apply for UK Student Visa Application 2022
- USA Visa Application 2022
- Cyprus Visa Application 2021 & Requirements
- Austria Visa – Requirements, Fees & How to Apply
- France Visa – Requirements & How to Apply
- Germany Visa – Requirements & How to Apply
- Belarus Visa – Requirements & How to Apply
- Bulgaria Visa Application, Visa types, Requirements & How to Apply
- Travel Insurance for International Travelers, Students, Workers, and Immigrants
- Croatia Visa Application, Visa types, Requirements & How to Apply
- Finland Visa – Requirements & How to Apply
Now It’s Your Turn
Now I’d like to hear from you:
Are you going to apply for Georgia Visa – Requirements, Fees & How to Apply Right Away?
Or maybe you’re ready to start searching for financial aid.
Either way, leave a comment below right now.