Welcome to the Information about Greece Visa – Requirements & How to Apply page. If you are here to learn more about Greece Visa? Then you’re at the right place.
Greece has the longest coastline in Europe and is the southernmost country in Europe. The mainland has rugged mountains, forests, and lakes.
We don’t think there’s any country that has a visa-free entry with Greece. So therefore whether it is for tourism or settlement you will need a visa to be able to enter Greece.
Other Related Visas
- Schengen Visa – All You Need to Know
- Turkey Visa – Applications and Guidelines
- Apply for UK Student Visa Application 2022
- USA Visa Application 2022
- Cyprus Visa Application 2021 & Requirements
- Austria Visa – Requirements, Fees & How to Apply
- France Visa – Requirements & How to Apply
- Germany Visa – Requirements & How to Apply
- Belarus Visa – Requirements & How to Apply
- Bulgaria Visa Application, Visa types, Requirements & How to Apply
- Travel Insurance for International Travelers, Students, Workers, and Immigrants
- Croatia Visa Application, Visa types, Requirements & How to Apply
- Finland Visa – Requirements & How to Apply
Types of Greece Schengen Visa
A Greek Schengen Visa is a permit to enter Greece and stay here for a maximum of 90 days within six months. The most common Greece Schengen Visa types are as follows:
- Greece Tourist Visa, for visiting Greece for vacations, sightseeing and other tourism purposes.
- Greece Visitor Visa, for visiting friends or family members living in Greece.
- Greece Business Visa, for engagement in business-related activities.
- Greece Medical Visa, in order to be able to get medical treatment in Greece.
- Greece Short Term Study Visa, for engaging in courses that last up to three months in half-a-year periods.
- Greece Cultural Visa, to participate in cultural or sports events or film shooting in Greece.
Greece Visa Application
To apply for a Greece visa you should be well informed on several issues, as when and where to apply. Then you should follow a step-by-step process to complete all the procedures necessary for application.
Following, find these procedures simply and clearly explained in chronological order.
The application for a Greece Schengen Visa is identical to the procedure for a Schengen visa for every other member country. Before you start this process, find out the following:
- Find out whether you need to apply for a Greece Visa.
- Check when is the right time to apply.
- Find out where you need to lodge your application.
- Complete the application form for a Schengen Visa.
- Make a visa appointment.
- Collect the required documents. You can find a list of all these documents listed below in this article.
- Attend the visa interview.
- Give your biometrics.
- Pay the visa fee.
How to Apply for a Greece Visa
You should lodge your completed application for a Greece visa at the representative mission of Greece in your country of residence. This could be any of the following.
- The Greek Embassy or Consulate.
- The Embassy or Consulate of another Schengen country, representing Greece.
- A third-party Visa Service Center, accepting applications on behalf of Greece.
Note that in the absence of any of the three in your country of residence, you may have to apply at one of the three located in a neighboring country. i.e., Kosovo citizens need to apply in neighboring Macedonia.
Do I Need to Apply for a Visa to Enter Greece
Your nationality, the intended length of your stay, and the purpose of your trip are the three main factors that define whether you need a visa to Greece or not.
Based on that, you will need a Greece Transit Visa if you are a national of:
- One in 14 countries under the Schengen Transit Visa regime
- Côte D’Ivoire
- Guinea Bissau
- Sierra Leone
On the other hand, you will be able to travel to Greece visa-free for short-term stays, if you are a national of one of the 62 countries the nationals of which do not need a Schengen visa.
Greece Visa Fees
The fee paid for Greece Visa is required to cover the expenditures of the processing of your application. Depending on the embassy, you may have to pay this fee online, at the bank, or in cash at the embassy.
Note that the fees for a Greece visa depend on several factors such as the purpose of traveling to Greece, your nationality, your age, the length of stay, etc
Now It’s Your Turn
Now I’d like to hear from you:
Are you going to apply for Greece Visa – Requirements, Fees & How to Apply Right Away?
Or maybe you’re ready to start searching for financial aid.
Either way, leave a comment below right now.