We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Anesthetic Nurse
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Consultant Anesthesiologist
- The Anaesthetic Nurse’s main responsibility is to do patient support and monitor vital signs post-surgery to ensure smooth and quick recovery post-surgery and ensure the wellbeing of patients.
- Prepares equipment needed for the patient to safely undergo Anesthesia
- Checking and setting up the anesthetic machine
- Preparing intravenous drugs
- Preparing intravenous therapy administration equipment
- Preparing a range of devices to maintain the patient’s airway (e.g.laryngeal masks, endotracheal tube)
- Communicating with the patient when they arrive into the operating theatre
- Maintain peripheral intravenous access.
- Maintaining adequate anesthesia.
- Conducting Anesthetics checklist protocols.
- Establishing and securing an airway.
- Making sure that patients are positioned in such a way not to cause discomfort or injury during their procedure.
- Perioperative review of surgical patients.
- Monitoring and maintaining patients’ vital signs and anesthesia depth.
- Ensure Collection and analysis of patient (blood) samples.
- Acquiring and administering transfusion fluids and equipment.
- Work closely under the supervision of the Consultant Anesthesiologist.
- Waking the patient after the surgery.
- Removing airway devices.
- Transferring patients to post-operative care units
- Care and maintenance of critical tools.
- Close monitoring of patients’ vital signs, patient’s post op state and other critical metrics.
- Must be a Registered Nurse
- A Post Basic qualification in Anesthetic Nursing is compulsory
- At least 3 years work experience in the same role
- A good knowledge of peri-operatives is required for the role.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good communication and people skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Good technical and measurement skills.
- Organized and methodical.
- Able to cope with the physical demands of the job.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.