Job Title: Business Support Assistant G4 (Information Technology)
Job Type: Fixed Term
Job Location: Damaturu, Nigeria
To deliver standard software and hardware support services, as well as monitoring and maintaining a wide range of information sources, to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Install and configure new computer hardware for improving and upgrading system
performance; support any technology upgrades as required.
2. Respond to queries from users, understanding and resolving issues but escalating if required,
providing advice and ensuring IT policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied
to support them.
3. Support and maintain inventory of all IT, TC, and SCOPE assets including kits loaned to WFP
contracted retailers, computers, mobile phones, POS terminals, etc.
4. Assist in installing and performing routine maintenance on power equipment such as inverters,
UPSes, batteries, solar kits, etc.
5. Monitor technology reliability, identify user needs, analyse data and produce accurate reports in
order to recommend IT solutions to support informative decision-making.
6. Implement improvements to methods and processes within the IT division in order to support
the continuous improvement of IT services provided.
7. Collaborate with other colleagues to ensure individual and team objectives are met in
compliance with all relevant regulations and policies.
8. Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in
enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
9. Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- A Minimum of Secondary School Education with additional years of related work experience or
- Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is desirable.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
A minimum of 2 years relevant professional experience is required in the following:
• Manage Complaints: Resolve queries independently, escalating if required, to ensure that
standard IT questions are answered, and accurate information is provided to staff timely.
• Systems Support: Carry out system and hardware maintenance tasks, such system protection
monitoring to ensure systems are running effectively.
• Budgeting and Procurement: Serve as focal point for Micro Purchase order (MPO), initiating
procurement of all technical equipment and ensuring supply of equipment meet technical
• Capacity Strengthening: Provide guidance and training to clients in the delivery of IT support
services to support the staff capacity building.
• Emergency Preparedness: Maintain a contingency stock of new equipment and prepare for
deployment where and when the need arises.
• Asset Management: Maintain and regularly update list of IT /SCOPE equipment issued
internally, and to external partners. Maintain and regularly updating inventory in WFP corporate
platform – GEMS.
• IT Services Delivery: Support the management and assignment of corporate IT service
delivery tools like internet dongles, CUG and Data SIMs at the SO level.
• User Support: Serve as back up for the IT Operations Associate providing user support as
• Conferencing: Support the set-up of conference meeting tools like MS Teams, Zoom, etc
whenever required in the conference rooms.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Only Nigerian nationals are eligible to apply for this position.
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in English language only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
- The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year. WFP offers an attractive compensation package. For more details please visit the International Civil Service Commission’s website: http://icsc.un.org (link: http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances/salaries/nigeria.htm).
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for submission for this application is 26th September 2022 11:59PM Nigerian Time (GMT +1)
|Job Category||Information Technology / ICT, IT / ICT (Tech./Web Dev./Software Eng./Systems Mgt/Programmimg/Engineering) Jobs in Nigeria, Sales / Retail / Marketing / Business Development / Analysis Jobs in Nigeria|