Women in the New Nigeria (WINN) is a leading women-led and women’s rights non-governmental organization established in 2010 and legally incorporated in 2013, that focuses on women’s empowerment and enhancing the lives of youths. WINN has presence in 17 states in Nigeria, including FCT Abuja, and an international presence in eight (8) countries: North America (WINNA), WIN Ghana, WIN Mozambique, WIN South Africa, WIN Sierra Leone, WIN World UK, WIN Niger, WIN Cameroon.
We ensure that the structures and systems with which women, girls, and people with disabilities interact on a daily basis, such as safe spaces, health facilities, education, legal services, and community engagement activities, to name but a few, are accessible and conducive to the empowerment and support of all stakeholders through our programs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Case Worker
Locations: Bama, Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC), Konduga and Jere LGAs – Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: 3 years
Proposed Start Date: September 2022
- WINN has been in partnership with CBM International, and has implemented several CBM funded project in Borno State, Nigeria.
- CBM has secured funding from German Federal Foreign Office (GFFO) which will be implemented by its partners WINN in Borno State.
- The program aims to improve living conditions and access to inclusive humanitarian assistance for populations affected by displacement due to complex humanitarian crises (IDPs, refugees, returnees) and members of host communities.
- With special attention to the needs and rights of persons with disabilities, measures in the two sectors of health and protection are intended to be implemented in Borno State.
General Position Summary
- The Community Case Worker will be responsibility for the individualized case management;
- Under the supervision of the Technical Officer – Protection, s/he will ensure that project activities are implemented on a timely manner according to the project timeline, budget and adhering to WINN policy and do no harm principle.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify, assess, document, refer (to relevant services) and follow-up of at-risk beneficiaries and families.
- Provide information and advice on existing social services and how to access them.
- Responsible for the management of safe spaces in project locations
- Work closely with community volunteers and community health personnel.
- Work as a member of a team ensuring fluid communication of relevant information in order to make sure that a proper management of the case is preserved.
- Work in close collaboration with the community members to strengthen our relationship with the community and to strengthen the referral system.
- Facilitate, collect and report information regarding the overall situation of vulnerable/at-risk individuals
- Submit weekly reports concerning implemented outreach activities and cases.
- Maintain files, registers, computer databases and records in paper or electronic format based on principle of confidentiality.
- Support in the Implementation of all activities as required.
- Provide timely and appropriate data on program activities to his/her line manager.
- Contribute to the preparation of internal and external reports.
- Participate in team reviews of results and program progress.
- Represent WINN in different forums when necessary.
- Candidates should possess an SSCE / NCE / HND qualification with a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience.
- Must know how to read and write
- Must be currently living in the community of intervention
- Females are preferred for this position
- Eligible applicant must be 18 years and above.
- PFA Volunteers.
- Reports Directly to: Technical Officer – Protection & MHPSS
- Works Directly with: Finance, Program, MEL, and Operation Teams, partner staff.
Application Closing Date
15th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Application Letters electronically as one MS Document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
|Job Category||Community Protection Associate, NGO / Non-Profit Associations Jobs in Nigeria|