Zipline – Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and life-saving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Design Researcher
About You and the Role
- You will be part of the global fulfillment team, researching new use cases and improving customer experience for our services in the US, Africa and beyond.
- You will be working closely with logistics experts, operations experts, software teams and public health experts on a daily basis.
- You will be interacting directly with users and stakeholders to understand their needs and pain points, and inform how Zipline’s service can add value and fit into their existing workflow.
- You will also be synthesizing system constraints and user needs for different internal teams to come up with the strongest processes and best experiences for customers.
What You’ll Do
- Research on pain points of existing use cases in markets served by Zipline (Continuous work with rotating touchpoint).
- Research on user journey of new use cases in markets served by Zipline to uncover opportunities and inform service design, likely conduct research in Nigeria, Ghana, Rwanda, Ivory Coast and Kenya. Relevant field research experience in these countries would be a plus.
- Independently run remote and in-person user studies, from recruiting participants, collecting quantitative and qualitative data to analyzing these data using a structured methodology.
- Collaborate with the Customer Service team, Software team and Operation team to turn user study results into design recommendations and directions that will improve the customer experience.
- Mentor and develop a small team of in-house field researchers over time.
- Based in Africa would be ideal, 50% of time traveling.
What You’ll Bring
- You have a Diploma or University Degree in Social Sciences or related field of discipline is an added advantage
- You have 3-5 years experience in research relevant roles.
- You have been responsible for designing the appropriate research methodology and protocols to answer business questions.
- Your research has been used to drive understanding and improvements in software design, service design, and overall understanding of users.
- You have been responsible for synthesizing their research into problem statements and insights that can be easily interpreted by others.
- You have experience conducting remote research and leveraging independent contractors, data collectors and others on the ground to maximize research projects.
- You have worked in or been exposed to different countries.
- You have exceptional listening, communicating, and interpersonal skills.
- You are open-minded, empathetic, and self-aware; perceptive to power dynamics and strong sense of ethics.
- You have flexibility and versatility in leading and managing a wide range of tasks.
- You have a strong sense of teamwork and an ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
- We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Add A Comment