The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Supervisor (Centravac)
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Contract: 3-year renewable contract
- Carry out repair and maintenance on electrical aspects, controls and cables of 2X300 tons and 2X600 tons of Central A/C chillers.
- Repair and maintain high current control panels, condensers, electric motor in central chilling plant and cooling towers for condensers in chilling plant.
- Repair and maintain Air Handling Unit (AHU), cold stores in major buildings and all electrical aspects of Gene-bank cold stores.
- Read sketches, schematics and wiring diagrams, monitor and update inventory of spare parts.
- Perform any other job-related tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc / HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good working knowledge of chilling plant.
- Have ability to read engineering drawings into details and be computer literate.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working
conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
11th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor and professional colleague.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.