We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineering – Marine Advisor I
Employment Type: Contract
Assignment Type: Offshore Rotation
Work Schedule: 3wk on / 3wk off – 21 days on / 21 days off – 21 days on / 21 days off
- Works to assure the safe and efficient turnaround of gas carriers and condensate tankers.
- This will include assisting with the management and oversight of all associated critical contractors including tug, and port services providers.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Make recommendations for improving safety
- Provide operational efficiency related advice
- Provide assistance with, and oversight of Controls relates activities including marine fueling
- Assist with implementation and improvement of company Best Practices
- Prepare for, and implement industry best practices (Marine Terminal Management and Self-Assessment (MTMSA) and Marine Terminal Operator Competence & Training (MTOCT))
- Implement additional systems and practices that are required
- Perform technical writing services
- Review and update documents, manuals and procedures (Continuous Improvement)
- Streamline and enhance operating practices
- Provide project management services, and oversight of Marine Terminal related projects
- Perform vessel inspections and Marine Quality Assurance (MQA) related assessments
- Prepare and author training documents and assessment packages
- Perform marine coordination duties when required, this includes but is not limited to:
- Loading Master
- Personnel Transfer
- Coordination of tugs and port services
- Coordination of the Safety/Surveillance vessel
- Coordination of general and other activities at the marine terminal
- Support contractor interfacing and management through application of the Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) 8-1 practices including:
- Contractor Work Crew Evaluation
- Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) leadership programs
- SSHE execution plan including gap closure plan
- Subcontractor management
- Self-monitoring reporting
- Preparation for the Kick Off Meeting
- Preparation of Interface Management Plan (IMP)
- Contractor assessment.
Skills and Qualifications
- Prior marine experience as a senior officer position required
- Master Mariners license required
- Experience in the company operations organization – preferred
- University Degree preferred
- Candidates without the above requirements will be considered, dependent on experience.
- Strong culture of ‘Nobody Gets Hurt’
- Expert knowledge of current large tanker applied mooring operations and best practices
- Knowledge of applied Operations Integrity Systems, specifically OIMS 8-1.
Application Closing Date
1st December, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume to: [email protected] using “Engineering – Marine Advisor I” as the subject of the email.
|Job Category||Engineering / Electrical / Mechanical / Civil / Construction / Building Jobs in Nigeria, Marine Officer Jobs in Nigeria|