We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Job ID: 2022-4792
Location: Cross River, Nigeria
Category: International Positions
Employment Status: Full-Time
- The Finance Officer (FO) will be responsible for financial operations in their respective field offices.
- S/he will prepare operational budgets and cash forecasts, oversee the effective financial management systems, ensure that all financial transactions are carried out in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, ensure that transactions are entered correctly into automated accounting system and accurate reports are sent monthly on or before due dates to the Country Office.
- He/she will prepare cash forecasts for field office operations and perform any other financial accounting duties assigned by supervisor.
- Post vendor PVs into the accounting system on a daily basis.
- Ensure adequate and complete Inventory record of all Jhpiego Nigeria office assets in line with donor requirements and Jhpiego’s accounting policies and procedures
- Examines financial documents such as invoices, vouchers, expense reports and other documents such as purchase orders to ensure the completeness, accuracy, reasonability and validity of financial data.
- Ensures that accounting documents are filed on a timely basis, proper accounting records are maintained and compatible with standard accounting practice, Jhpiego and donor guidelines.
- Monitors and reconciles supplier statements on regular basis and ensures timely settlement of bills.
- Monitors and reconciles travel expenses and project expenses to individual advances on a regular basis.
- Codes, tracks, and processes vendor invoices, consultant invoices and travel advances for payments on a timely basis.
- Posting entries into the accounting system on a daily basis.
- Participate in preparation of monthly financial report, accruals and projections, and any other financial reports.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or its recognized equivalent
- Professional qualification in accounting (ACA, ACCA, CPA) or MBA from recognized institution will be an advantage.
- Must have 4 – 6 years of demonstrated financial accounting experience in a structured organization of which immediate past three (3) years should be within an international not-for-profit organization.
- Good knowledge of the use of Quick books Enterprise
- Previous experience in a PEPFAR funded award is required.
- Previous experience with an international nonprofit organization will be an added advantage.
- Computers skills including use of spreadsheets and automated financial management and reporting software.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate financial findings and analyses.
NGN 638,000 – NGN 721,000 / Month
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
|Job Category||Accounting / Accountant / Auditing / Tax / Finance Jobs in Nigeria, Finance / Accounting / Audit / Tax Jobs in Nigeria|