We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Geophysical Quality Control Representative III
Employment Type: Contract
- A Geophysical Quality Control Representative who has knowledge of geophysical acquisition techniques, industry Safety, Health, and Environmental (SHE) standards, seismic equipment operations and positioning, Company reporting requirements, and an awareness of Company Operation Integrity Management System (OIMS) procedures
- Has demonstrated skills in effective communications, interface management, auditing and assessing operations, and problem solving.
- Provide guidance and oversight to a team of QC’s who oversee geophysical vendor field operations
Tasks and Responsibilities
In addition to all Level 1 and 2 Tasks and responsibilities, Level 3:
- Must be familiar with geophysical site investigation acquisition, processing and interpretation including high resolution seismic surveys, sub bottom profiler surveys, multibeam echo sounder surveys and side scan sonar surveys.
- Must be familiar with the sampling and preservation of water column, surficial and near surficial sediments for environmental, geochemical or geological/geotechnical purposes
- Must be familiar with controlled amplitude and controlled phase processing geophysical data
- Must be familiar with the latest geophysical processing techniques including broad band processing, data reconstruction and noise attenuation.
- Must be familiar with data delivery and reporting standards
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in a Geophysical or Geotechnical field required.
- Experience in geophysical field; ExxonMobil geophysical field experience preferred
- Must have leadership ability and skills to monitor and advise on all aspects of geophysical data acquisition, including: SSH&E, logistics, operations, instrumentation, equipment, recording, and positioning
- Must have excellent communication skills, possess high level of integrity, and willingness to build trust and accountability in inter-personal relationships while working in team setting
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English
- Must be proficient in current communication mediums and technologies (i.e., Microsoft Office, telecommunications, email, meetings)
- Must be in good physical condition and shall comply with all project health and safety requirements (including any vendor, vessel or country-specific certifications required to work offshore)
- Must comply with all requirements per the agreement.
- Certifications must be current and not due to expire for the anticipated duration of the project.
Scope of Work Specific to this Assignment:
- The Geophysical Project SHE QC is EEPNL’s Representative that monitors and advises on Safety, Health, Environment (SHE) and Security matters associated with the Project.
- The SHE Representative must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in geophysical operations in a SHE Representative role with at least 3 years on marine seismic (OBC or streamer) crews.
- The SHE representative must have at least 10 years’ experience in offshore operations and training in SHE management.
Application Closing Date
14th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV which must be in MS Word format to: [email protected] using “Geophysical Quality Control Representative III” as the subject of the email.
|Job Category||Analyst/ Quality Control, Geology Jobs in Nigeria|