Canonical is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Golang Software Engineer – Containers / Virtualisation / API
About Canonical: We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely, and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means ‘humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world’s biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world’s most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation – Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it’s the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
- You have a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
- You are curious, flexible, articulate and accountable
- You value soft skills and are enterprising, thoughtful and self-motivated
- You have experience programming in Go
- You have experience in designing or implementing REST APIs
- You have database and data modeling experience
- You have experience with two or more of: cloud computing, virtualisation, containers, distributed systems, open source community.
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date