The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Groundskeeper
Reference ID: STS2022-008
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Slot: 2 Openings
Recruitment Type: STS- National (6-months renewable
- Carefully ascend and descend tall trees.
- Use ropes to fell outgrown trees, cut, shape and prune trees.
- Apply chemicals to remove pests from trees.
- Use climbing hooks, belts, to gain access to work areas by executing safe climbing techniques.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- O’level with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar or related role in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have ability to prioritize work and use initiative.
- Have good communication skills.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working
conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
21st June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.