Nigerian Navy is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Journalist
About Nigerian Navy: The Nigerian Navy (NN) is a branch of the Nigerian Armed Forces. It is among the largest navies on the African continent, consisting of several thousand personnel, including those of the Coast Guard.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of OND (Lower Credit) in Mass Communication, Journalism, Photography, Printing Technology, Information Library, Public Relations, Graphic Arts, Film Making or Cinematography and must also possess SSCE or equivalent with 5 credits including English Language and Mathematics.
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
Click Here For More Information
Important Information / Notice
- The recruitment exercise will commence with an online screening of applicants’ qualifications follow by recruitment examinations at designated centres nationwide on a date to be announced later.
- Applicants are advised to read the detailed instructions at www.joinnigeriannavy.com
- Applicants are advised in their own interest not to submit multiple online applications. Any applicant with multiple submissions will be disqualified.
- Applicants are further advised in their own interest not to give any form of gratification or inducement to any person or group of persons for assistance at any stage of the recruitment exercise.
- Any applicant who falsifies or forges his/her documents and is discovered at any time will be handed over to the appropriate law enforcement agency for prosecution.
Candidates are advised to read the following instructions thoroughly before completing the Nigerian Navy online Recruitment Form. Any incomplete or wrongly completed Form will be rejected and will not be processed:
- Applicants must be citizens of Nigeria by birth.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 22 years by 30th September, 2023 for School Certificate holders and 18 – 26 years for those with higher qualifications such as Nurses, NCE, OND, drivers, etc.
- Applicants must not be married or have children.
- Applicants must be free from any previous criminal conviction by a court of law.
- Applicants with any of the following medical/physical challenges are NOT to apply: sight problem, ear problem, communicable diseases, mental problems, stammering, or any physical disability. Applicants who have tattoos are also not to apply.
- Applicants must not be below the height of 1.69 meters for males and 1.65 meters for females.
- Applicants are required to possess any of the following educational/professional qualifications:
- West African Senior School Certificate Examination Certificate (not more than 2 sittings and not older than 6 years from the date of application, also applicable to sub paragraphs 2-5).
- General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level.
- National Examination Council (NECO).
- National Business and Technical Examinations (NABTEB).
- WAEC City and Guilds or London City and Guild.
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND).
- Any other educational qualification equivalent to those mentioned above.
- Applicants would be required to produce their primary school leaving certificate at the selection interview.
- All applicants must indicate/provide their National Identification Number (NIN) and Bank Verification Number (BVN).
- Applicants with other educational/professional qualifications higher than those stated in paragraph 1-7 are not to apply.
- Applicants are warned that it is an offence to present false or forged documents for the Recruitment.
- Certificates or qualifications not declared or tendered and accepted during the Recruitment exercise are not acceptable after recruitment and cannot be tendered for the purpose of change of department or advancement while already in the Nigerian Navy.
- Only qualifications obtained under proper service provisions are acceptable while in the Nigerian Navy.
- Applicants are required to print out Applicant’s Declaration Form, Parent/Guardian Consent Form, Local Government Area Certification Form, Police Certification Form and Guarantors Form which must be properly completed, endorsed and presented during the interview.
- Applicants must come to the recruitment centres with the following documents:
- Photocopies of Birth Certificate or Age Declaration.
- Photocopies of Credentials.
- Duly completed Identification Form must be signed by Chairman or Secretary of the Applicant’s LGA or by an officer of the rank of Commander and above (or equivalent in the Nigerian Army and Nigerian Air Force) or Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) and above who hails from the Applicant’s State of Origin.
- Duly completed Parent/Guardian Consent Form signed by Applicant’s Parent or Guardian.
- Four (4) passport photographs duly signed and stamped at the back by (c) above.
- Candidates are to bring the scratch cards of their WAEC,GCE, NECO and NABTEB results to the recruitment centres.
- Application Form is to be completed and submitted online.
- Any applicant suspected or confirmed to have impersonated, falsified, forged or presented false document(s) shall be disqualified from the Recruitment exercise and handed over to the appropriate law enforcement agency for prosecution.
- The date for the Recruitment Aptitude Test will be posted on the NN portal in due course.
Application Closing Date
6th May, 2023.
|Job Category||Media / Broadcasting / Journalism / Content Writing / Editing / Mass Communication Jobs in Nigeria|