International Institute of Tropical Agriculture is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal and Administrative Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Contract: 3-year renewable contract
About International Institute of Tropical Agriculture: The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law followed by call to bar (BL) with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing a similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent communication skills (writing, reading, oral). Working knowledge of French would be an added advantage.
- Have knowledge about and certain experience with drafting and reviewing agreements.
- Be able to demonstrate a good grasp of relevant laws including but not limited to laws governing international non-profit organizations, international contracts, intellectual property (IP) law, and related international law and treaties.
- Have sufficient knowledge and skill and be familiar with the operation of computers and programs, and databases.
- Be committed, dependable and confidential, having high ethical standards and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Have good organizational skills with high attention to detail.
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
- Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (including their detailed CV and letter of motivation detailing past related experience similar to this assignment.).
Application Closing Date
6th February, 2023.