International Institute of Tropical Agriculture is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Market Innovation Officer
Job Ref.: IITA-HR-NRS2023-013
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
About International Institute of Tropical Agriculture: The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
- Master’s in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Strategy, Agribusiness Management, Marketing or a closely related field with a minimum of four (4) years’ experience working with seed stakeholders in Agribusiness, or market development of seed-related fields or related role in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have strong competence for conducting research, including the design, implementation, analysis and write-up of experiments.
- Have demonstrated ability to contribute to scientific publication in recognized journals.
- Have excellent networking, influencing and stakeholder management (external and internal).
- Be self-organized and entrepreneurial thinker.
- Have strong business acumen and presentation skills.
- Have a solid understanding of innovation and how it should be applied in marketing/ business.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have high ethical and transparent work style.
- Have ability to federate around a common goal and work effectively with team members
- Have ability to work independently, be self motivated and work to tight deadlines.
- Have good knowledge on use of computer applications and ability to conduct data analysis using various methods.
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
- Interested applicants should complete the online application by attaching a detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague, and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Closing Date
4th April, 2023.
|Job Category||officer, Social Policy, Innovation, Programme Management, Research, Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Jobs in Nigeria|