We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evolution Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
- The success of the NTDs project depends largely on accurate, complete and timely reporting of achievements to donor. Achievement of set targets is of utmost importance.
- Hence, the objective of the M&E Officer position is to provide technical leadership in the roll-out of the M&E plan in the states and generating strategic data for program management, reporting and documentation of best practices.
Under the supervision of the M&E Specialist/State Team Lead/ States NTD Coordinator, the M&E Officer will:
- Provide technical input in the development of an integrated State NTDs project plan in collaboration with the Head of Programs and M&E Specialist.
- Take lead in the implementation of state NTDs M&E plan and reporting formats for indicators and targets in collaboration with the M&E Specialist.
- Establish system for flow of information from service-delivery points to the central data base and ensure timely M&E technical support to all implementing health facilities.
- Take lead in building the capacity of health units’ M&E staff and relevant health and community workers in collection, summarization, analysis and presentation of M&E data.
- Manage the roll-out of the project M&E data quality assurance system including periodic data quality audits.
- Assist the M&E Specialist to coordinate the establishment/strengthening of one state M&E system that informs policy and practice.
- Ensure state-of-the art database management practice at the state.
- Analyze M&E data on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and flag action areas to the project management.
- Work with M&E Specialist/Head of Programs to document and publish best practices.
- Guide staff and implementing partners in preparing their progress reports. Together, analyze these reports in terms of problems and actions needed. Prepare consolidated progress reports for project management to submit to the relevant bodies, in accordance with approved reporting formats and timing.
- Prepare monitoring reports, analyze them for relevant assessments and identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation.
- Guide the regular sharing of the outputs of M&E findings with project staff, implementing partners and primary stakeholders.
- Make regular reports to the project team highlighting areas of concern and preparing the documentation for review at meetings.
Program Monitoring & Evaluation:
- In collaboration with M&E Specialist and NTDs Program Officer, assist with the implementation and development of Monitoring and Evaluation tools according to Helen Keller, FMOH and donor standards
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of international standards as set by FMOH, Helen Keller and donor.
- Internally and when requested, support external evaluations on the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase of the project and as required.
- Support the dissemination of findings from assessment/evaluations to support organizational learning and contribute to policy processing or development.
Advocacy and Strategic Alliances:
- Assist in building and maintaining working relationships with both government and key project stakeholders at all levels to strengthen opportunities for advocacy and higher visibility.
Key Performance Indicators
Successful implementation of the projects based on:
- Effective tracking and reporting of program indicators
- Implementation of M&E plans in collaboration with other project staff and government stakeholders.
- Postgraduate Degree in Sciences, Statistics, Epidemiology or related field with focus on monitoring and evaluation and/or Biostatistics.
- At least 2 years hand-on-experience in monitoring and evaluation with very good analytical, presentation, communication and reporting skills.
- Significant experience in developing monitoring plans and/or management information systems 2 years of which spent working with NGOs in an African setting.
- Excellent inter-personal, multi-cultural and team building skills.
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, database and statistical applications.
- Significant experience working in NTDs, Eye Health, HIV/AIDS, Malaria or Nutrition programs in Nigeria.
- Excellent writing skills, oral and written communication skills and fluency in English.
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
|Job Category||Social Policy, Innovation, Programme Management, Research, Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Jobs in Nigeria|