We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Offtake Supervisor III
Location: Offshore Platform (Nationwide)
Employment Type: Contract
Assignment Type: Offshore Rotation
Work Schedule: 4wk on / 4 wk off – 28 days on / 28 days off
- In conjunction with all commercial personnel, develop shipping and inventory management schedules. Lead and coordinate the ship loading operations at the pier facility. Coordinate screening requirements for third party vessels scheduled to arrive at pier facility. Maintain relationship with port authority and port pilot personnel.
- Maintain relationship with regional oil spill resource sharing scheme personnel and local Oil Spill Response Committee. Ensure that operational and functional control aspects of the Truck Loading Facility (TLF) proceed flawlessly and optimally without causing variances to plan and that any resulting disruptions are minimized.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure Safety Is First In All We Do
- Have a complete working knowledge and understanding of Emergency Response Manuals, assume control of emergency situations as required by the Emergency Support Group (ESG) Leader
- Maintain full compliance with Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) and industry safety criteria for piers and marine movements
- Oversee the oil spill response preparedness
- Lead and manage marine and pier operational practices with respect to safety equipment, operational preparedness, maintenance procedures and custody transfer
- Influence a safety, health, environment and quality culture and widespread ownership within the facility
- Operations Excellence
- Maintain satisfactory audit status and have no business practice violations
- Ensure full compliance with Management and Protection of Information (MPI) guidelines and legal/regulatory requirements
- Meet operating stewardship targets (Opex, Capex, Environmental, Volumes)
- Visible commitment to operations integrity, flawless execution and implementation of OIMS, with particular emphasis on Systems 1, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 11
- Ensure that corporate systems are implemented on site and that performance is stewarded, and improvement plans developed for identified gaps
- Work with and influence Offshore Logistic Team (OLT) and functional managers to ensure consistency and integration across sites of work practices, improvement priorities and other strategies to achieve general interest business results
- Drive improvements in work processes, technology and organization
- Integrate technical expertise, industry knowledge, and business experience in decision-making
- Hold self and others accountable for results
- Remove obstacles to enable group success
- Encourage creativity and adaptability to resolve issues
- Prepare for and load crude and vessels
- Prepare and steward marine budgets
- Steward and minimize demurrage payments
- Responsible for vessel loading operations to achieve quality assurance
- Contributes to operational reviews when projects potentially impact marine operations
- Ensures that certification requirements for company owned equipment on the pier is current, e.g., hoses, coupling
- Ensure that corporate systems are implemented in the marine loading area and that performance is stewarded and improvement plans developed for identified gaps
- Manage the process of providing driver and truck access to the TLF
- Manage the process of reconciling TLF orders and TLF loading movements
- Manage the operational interface with the provider of TLF load controller technology
- Identify hardware upgrades for the TLF, develop justification and scopes and present these to the Operations, Maintenance, and Technical team for consideration
- Ensure that operating procedures pertaining to the TLF and metering are appropriate and reviewed at regular periods
- Manage the requirements of the TLF access agreement
- Manage metering verifications & calibrations
- Manage daily allocations
- Input cargo & ship data for cargo & ship loading
- Interface with ship tie up crews
- Input inventory data from product storage
- Contact person for Marine information
- Engineering Standards Management Systems
- Prepare shipping documentation BOL’s Timesheets
- Advise to engineers’ standard committee
- Communicate to employees an actionable organization purpose, priorities, and goals
- Provide leadership and set the tone for a sound, cost-effective controls environment
- Review staffing levels to ensure operational requirements are met
- Ensure personnel, safety and competency based training programs are effective
- Demonstrate sound business judgment in developing and implementing improvement strategies
- Understand the interests of external organizations (customers, contractors, suppliers, business partners, industry associations, governments and the communities in which they operate) and how they impact functional and general interest decision making
- Liaise and maintain positive relationships with external parties, including Regulators and Joint Venture Owners
- Develop and manage profitable relationships with customers and business partners consistent with the corporate general interest
- Maintain a close interface with operations personnel and provide a high level of customer service for products delivered via pipeline
- Manage TLF customer relationships to ensure that truck loading operations are maintained and that customer complaints are minimized
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or any relevant discipline
- Experience in marine industry and operations
- Oil and gas offtake experience
- Operations, maintenance or engineering background
- Thorough knowledge of operational, safety and emergency procedures of tanker loading / discharge equipment
- In depth knowledge of crude oil shipping operations at offshore & onshore terminals.
- Understanding of crude oil lifting agreements.
- Knowledge of Production Operations.
- Crude Reconciliation & Hydrocarbon Accounting.
- Thorough knowledge of plant process operations
- Good knowledge of crude and gas supply chain operations and timings
- Demonstrated experience managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Communications skills to all organizational levels
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management tools and practices
- As part of being in a controls sensitive position, understand key controls in the area of responsibility and ensure that these effectively mitigate financial risk.
- Good understanding of customer relations.
- Good understanding of product allocations.
- Communicate to all shipping 3rd parties.
- Results orientation.
- Conceptual thinking.
- Self confidence.
- Courage of conviction.
- Analytical thinking.
- Ability to deal with pressure.
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume to: [email protected] using “Offtake Supervisor III” as the subject of the email.