British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Manager
Location: Ibadan – Oyo
Seniority Level: Management
Reports To: Senior Quality Assurance Manager
Role Positioning and Objectives
- The job holder will have to develop and champion the implementation of local Quality strategy in line with Group Quality strategy, policies, common platforms and best practices across local factory operations, as well as to lead and run the Business Management System, instigate for continual improvement of quality processes and related systems, through the application of the Corporate Quality Management System (CQMS) of BAT.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Coordinate and control the handling of customer complaints and Non-Conforming-Products (NCP) handling in order to ensure that a satisfactory answer is given to customers in due time, in terms of technical explanations to their inquiry and further initiate actions to avoid the repetition of faults.
- Implement, co-ordinate, maintain and review management system to ensure compliance with Company strategy and policy and external requirements, embedding the principles of consumer focus and continual improvement, e.g.: ISO 9001, ISO 17025, PI&T, HACCP, ISO 14001
- Turn quality data into information and provide reports to initiate corrective action and process improvement recommendations
- Supply quality training and education to employees to embed the ownership of quality across the factory and promote the appropriate use of metrics and tools
- To maintain a professional and well motivated team, ensuring appropriate training and development to ensure succession plan in place.
- To sponsor/chair a number of projects, work streams and local committees, at local and cluster level.
- To contribute to the development of the local manufacturing strategy, to support and implement the cluster strategy
- Manage the activities of the chemical & physical laboratory in order to ensure they delivers an effective service to leaf and production departments.
- Manage quality data collection, processing and analysis, investigate and reveal trends. Submit those data to the relevant functions.
- Manage the quality department in line with the Company strategy, to set objectives and targets to direct reports, manage their performance, to ensure plan targets are met and all functional tasks and projects delivered
- In partnership with materials procurement and production, ensure inputs to the production process consistently meet requirements, including mutually agreed specifications and necessary ingredient approvals
- To develop an environment which seeks to continuously improve, from ideas which come from not only within the department but the rest of the factory and other BAT locations
- Analyse waste and NCP levels, search for saving opportunities and make proposals for improvement
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Technical Degree plus proven manufacturing and/or product related experience
- Awareness of market research techniques relating to consumer product quality requirements
- Understanding own product performance in relation to consumer product quality requirements, competitor activities and market developments
- Practical competence in analysis, problem solving and continuous improvement methods and techniques (including SPC, fishbone diagrams etc)
- Ability to actively listen and lead an open and productive dialogue with management at all levels and outside partners
- Ability to develop a network within the group and outside, for a continuous benchmarking of results and practices, and for personal on-going development.
Competitive salary + excellent benefits + market leading bonus.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online