Edo State Basic Education Sector Transformation (EdoBEST)
The Edo State Government, led by Governor Obaseki, implemented the Edo Basic Education Sector Transformation (EdoBEST) programme to improve basic education across the state. Through EdoBEST, the government is transforming learning outcomes for the 300,000 children across 1,029 public primary and 471 junior secondary schools in Edo State. EdoBEST is a Government designed and lead programme that is re-training all 15,000 government teachers - novice and experienced - to be technologically supported and empowered teachers. Under EdoBEST, The Edo Supporting Teachers to Achieve Results (Edo STAR) programme is a hands-on government teacher training initiative forming a core pillar of the State's reform agenda for basic education. The programme is developing a more highly skilled teaching workforce by training, supporting and motivating Edo State teachers to succeed in the classroom of tomorrow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supervisor, School Inspection
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Role
- As a Supervisor, School Inspection you will be responsible for managing the school inspection associates and oversee the School Inspection Team to ensure all assigned roles are carried out and to ensure all issues reported to the headquarters are accurate.
What You Will Do
- Create extensive audits – primarily in Survey-to-Go software, to be used by School Inspection team
- Conduct first level analyses of audits conducted by School Inspection team to identify key issues/trends to be resolved based on data gathered
- Create regular written summary and detailed reports of School Inspection audits, issues, resolutions and recommendations
- Create periodic presentations on School Inspection activities to State Program director and other stakeholders as required
- Follow up with applicable Bridge managers in the affected functions to ensure resolution of identified issues in a timely manner
- Manage a field team of over 20 School Inspection Associates
- Oversee the School Inspection Associates to ensure all duties as assigned are carried out.
- Manage the School Inspection Associates route maps and budgets.
- Validate the work of the School Inspection team on a regular basis. This requires constant field travel.
- Ensure all the issues reported to HQ by the School Inspection Associates are accurate.
What You Should Have
- University Degree in Business Administration or Management
- 5-7 years of professional work experience preferably working in the field or managing field teams
- 3-4 years in Supervisory and management roles
- Experience managing and working with remote or field based employees
- Experience collecting and analyzing large amounts of data in a systematic and organized fashion
- Solid problem-solving capability; must be proactive in solving both major and minor issues that arise
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- Positive can-do attitude; is able and willing to take on any challenge
- Demonstrated capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet goals in a high pressure environment
- Passionate about following processes and procedures, extremely data-driven with strong analytical skills
- Strong project management experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office, Internet.
- Experience in creating surveys using any of the available tools
- Solid geographic knowledge of assigned State necessary
- Willing to travel in all weather.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Education - Higher Institution / Teaching / Lecturing / Training Jobs in Nigeria, Supervisor|