Food Basket Foundation International (FBFI) the first indigenous Nutrition-focused, nonprofit, non-governmental organization (NGO) in Nigeria, was founded in 1989 with the singular mission of helping low income families achieve food and nutrition security on a sustainable basis, especially for members of vulnerable groups. FBFI through the years has provided interventions and serviceswith the aims of alleviating the effects of poverty, promoting nutritious practices geared toward food security, and providing a means of developing a sustainable livelihood.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Technical Manager will work with appropriate technologies to manage the end to end process of developing the interactive web platform (IWP), using agile methodology.
- The ideal candidate will be skilled in all aspects of agile software development, including design, implementation, and deployment.
- Our ideal candidate has experience building products across the stack and a firm understanding of web frameworks, APIs, databases, and multiple back end and front end languages.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee the development of the IWP, providing guidance according to the functional specifications, ensuring that it is optimized for speed and scale
- Work with agile development methodologies, adhering to best practices
- Facilitate the process of developing end-to-end user stories for the IWP.
- Ensure the IWP performance, uptime and scale, maintenance of high standards of code quality and thoughtful application (web, mobile-enabled) design.
- Engage with IWP development team to ensure timely and quality delivery
- Develop, maintain, and monitor relevant policies, systems, processes, procedures, and workflows for FBFI
- Coordinate with other managers to ensure efficiency and effective delivery of services Create the framework to manage security, backups and disaster recovery for FBFI computer and information systems, making continuous improvements.
- Run performance checks on systems
- Creating standard operating procedures for computer and information systems
- Produce regular reports Create and adhere to schedules and budgets, in conjunction with the PD and Finance
- Manage the service level agreement (SLA) with IWP developer
- Provide training for staff and volunteers Stay up to date on new trends and emerging innovations in the field
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending job related workshops/trainings, establishing personal networks and participate in professional society’s seminars and
- Carry out any other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering, or its recognized equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of experience building large-scale software applications Experience building web applications
- Experience designing and integrating RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of databases
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Ability to work with and manage others to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, volunteers and other project stakeholders
- Proven ability in reporting
- Ability to represent the organization to donors, government officials and the NGO community when necessary
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple task functions simultaneously;
- Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.