Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists 2022/2023 – Fully Funded.
Are you among the thousands of eligible applicants that have been patiently waiting for the commencement of the Swiss government excellence scholarships for Nigerian students 2022-2023? So congratulations, because there is good news in store for you?
The Swiss government excellence scholarships postdoctoral scholarships online application for 2022-23 is ongoing and we will be here to guide you with the necessary steps and information you need to follow through with the Swiss government excellence scholarship 2022-23 (fully funded) official website from anywhere you are in the world.
If you would love to see information about the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships application form, the registration portal, how to apply, stipend, benefits, results, deadlines, and every other detail you need to know about the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for International Students benefits, keep scrolling.
Just so you know, we have seen countless students nervous about how to get the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for International Students, so don’t panic as we have a lot of testimonies of international students who used our Chinese Government Scholarship for International Students application process and ended up being awarded.
- 1 Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2022-2023 Summary
- 2 Types of Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships
- 3 CHECK OUT THESE SCHOLARSHIPS
- 4 Eligible Requirements for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists
- 5 Required Application Documents for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- 6 How to Apply for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists 2022/2023
- 7 When is the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2022/2023 Application Deadline?
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2022-2023 Summary
The Swiss Government offers postgraduate Excellence Scholarships to Foreign Scholars and Artists to help young researchers and Art students from abroad who have completed a master’s degree or Ph.D. and foreign artists holding a bachelor’s degree.
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD, Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): Swiss Government / Swiss Universities
- Study in: Switzerland
- Opportunity Focus Areas: See types below.
- Program Period: Depends on the chosen degree.
- Deadline: Country specific. You can check it from here and here.
- Awards: The FCS will announce its decisions regarding the new scholarship awards by the end of May at the latest.
Types of Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships
- Research Scholarship
- Art Scholarship
Swiss Government Excellence Research Scholarship
The research scholarship is available to post-graduate researchers in any discipline (who hold a master’s degree as a minimum) who are planning to come to Switzerland to pursue research or further studies at the doctoral or post-doctoral level.
Research scholarships are awarded for research or study at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences and the two federal institutes of technology, as well as the four research institutes. Only candidates nominated by an academic mentor at one of these higher education institutions will be considered.
Swiss Government Excellence Art Scholarships
Art scholarships are open to art students wishing to pursue an initial master’s degree in Switzerland.
Art scholarships are awarded for study at any Swiss conservatory or university of the arts. This scholarship is available to students from a limited number of countries only.
CHECK OUT THESE SCHOLARSHIPS
- Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program
- Angela Adams Scholarship
- British Chevening Scholarships for International Students
- Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme
- Berea College Scholarships for International Students
- Jefferson Scholarship
- Scholarships for International Students in Canada
- Cape Breton University Scholarships for International Students
- Mext Scholarship
- University of Warwick Scholarships for International Students
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
- University of Nottingham Scholarships for International Students
- Clarendon Scholarship
- Oxford-Pershing Square Graduate Scholarships
- Scholarships for International Students in Canada
- Scholarships for International Students in USA
- Sussex GREAT Scholarships
- DAAD Scholarships
- IsDB Scholarship
- Kaist Scholarship
- Chinese Government Scholarship for International Students
Eligible Requirements for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2021 will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- The scholarship amounts to a monthly payment of CHF 1,920.
- For non-EU and non-EFTA grantees only: the FCS pays mandatory Swiss health insurance.
- There are no family allowances.
- Scholarship holders from non-EU and non-EFTA countries receive a flight allowance (lump sum) for a ticket back to their country of origin (provided at the end of the scholarship).
- Special CHF 300 housing allowance (paid once at the beginning of the scholarship).
- One-year half-fare public transportation card.
- Support services and various trips, dinners and sightseeing tours organized for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship holders.
- Please refer to the country-specific fact sheets for exact scholarship benefits.
Eligibility Criteria for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships
To qualify for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships, the candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Master’s degree or equivalent university degree achieved before 31 July 2022 (degree certificate) recognized by the Swiss university. As a proof, the degree has to be submitted to the Federal Commission for Scholarships before the start of the scholarship.
- Applicants must be born after 31 December 1986.
- Applicants who have been in Switzerland for more than a year at the beginning of the scholarship in September are not eligible.
- Applicants must provide a letter from an academic host professor (including her/his short CV) at the chosen Swiss university confirming why she/he is willing to supervise and support the research. Without such support, the application will be rejected.
- Applicants must have a research proposal that includes a time frame. This is the centerpiece of the application. The applicant must devote all required attention to it.
- Applicants must be in command of the necessary language skills required for the research/studies.
- Applicants who have already benefited from a Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship are not eligible to apply for a second scholarship.
- Scholarship holders are expected to move to Switzerland during their grant period.
Note: Please refer to the country-specific fact sheet for specific eligibility criteria.
Required Application Documents for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- Signed FCS application form (typed and printed) with photo.
- A full CV with list of academic publications, awards, etc.
- A motivation letter (max. 2 pages).
- A complete research proposal (max. 5 pages, signed), using exclusively the FCS research proposal form.
- A copy of the letter from an academic host professor (including her/his short CV) at the chosen Swiss university confirming why she/he is willing to supervise and support the research. For research fellowships in addition: A short CV of the academic mentor at the home institution.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation from two different professors in the applicant’s field (use exclusively the FCS reference form – originals in sealed envelopes only for the 1st set). No copies for 2nd set.
- Photocopies of certificates and grade sheets from previously attended universities/colleges and diplomas with grades, starting with the most recent. If not in English, French, Italian or German with attested certified translations in English. Do not submit the original certificates.
- Signed medical certificate (use only the FCS health certificate form).
- Two copies of the applicant’s passport (main page with personal data). Dual nationals add copies of both passports. Applicants already in Switzerland during the application procedure add a copy of the residence permit forSwitzerland
How to Apply for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists 2022/2023
Apply for the ongoing Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists 2022-2023, ensure you have read all the presented requirements. and be sure you fit in.
- Click here to visit the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships Application Portal.
- Next, click here to visit our Swiss Scholarships Application Portal.
- Select your choice for swiss government excellence scholarships for nigerian students, 2022 openings,
- Read the requirements,
- Next, apply for any of the SWISS scholarships 2022/2023 openings.
- Click here and add your email, to get Latest Scholarships updates
Applications are subject to preliminary selection by the relevant national authorities and/or the Swiss diplomatic representation. The short-listed applications are then assessed by the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS), which will make the final decision.
The FCS assesses scholarship applications according to three criteria:
- Candidate profile
- Quality of the research project or artistic work
- Synergies and potential for future research cooperation
The FCS is composed of professors from all Swiss public universities. Scholarship awards are decided on the basis of academic and scientific excellence.
When is the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2022/2023 Application Deadline?
- Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Nigerian Students Application Commence on 01 September 2022 while for other countries Check here Countries A – L / Countries M – Z.
- Deadline for the application is not yet specified.
- The FCS will select scholarship holders for the 2022-23 academic year by the end of May 2022. Scholarships for the 2023-24 academic year will be advertised online from August 2022.
Now It’s Your Turn
Now I’d like to hear from you:
Are you going to apply for the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists 2022/2023 Right Away?
Or maybe you’re ready to start searching for other financial aid.
Either way, leave a comment below right now.