How to make money on YouTube for Beginners – one of the lucrative businesses and an exciting way to make money online is by creating quality and unique video content on YouTube in order to make money on Youtube.
- How to Earn Money From Facebook in 2022
- 20 Passive Income Ideas to Help You Make Money in 2022 | Proven Strategies
- Crazy Ways to Make Money with Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing as a Newbie
- How to Start an Online Clothing Business From Home in 2022
- 15 Best Online Flea Markets | Best Marketplaces
- 7 Insane Ways to Make Money From Instagram in 2022
Founded in 2005, YouTube is one of the most popular video sites on the web today. According to the 2018 YouTube stats published by omnivore, over five billion YouTube videos are watched around the world daily. YouTube has active monthly users of over a 1.9billion which makes it the second most popular social network after Facebook which has over 2.27billion monthly active users.
YouTube is really an interesting way to make money, when it’s done right, it can be a very lucrative business idea. In this post, we will share some basic tips and strategies on how you can double your income just by creating video content and monetizing them on YouTube.
1. Monetize Your Videos For Ads On YouTube
YouTube monetization works on the basis of the platform provided by Google known as Google Adsense. Actually, it is Google Adsense that pays you for your videos and not YouTube. Adsense is responsible for placing ads on your videos.
First, to qualify for monetization, your channel has to have at least 4,000 hours of watch time within the last year and at least 1,000 subscribers. This policy went into effect at the beginning of 2020 and is another way for YouTube to prioritize watch time (as opposed to view count, which was the platform’s previous focus).
4 Steps To Enable Monetization On YouTube (How to Make Money on Youtube for Beginners)
Once your channel has achieved the total number of required YouTube hours and number of subscribers, then you are ready to enable monetization on your videos.
- Click on my channel in the drop down after you click on your icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- From the screen, click on YouTube studio.
- On the bottom left hand side of your screen, click the option for creator studio classic.
- Once you’re in the creator studio, click on the channel> status and features. Finally, in the box that says monetization, click enable.
2. Sell & Market Affiliate Products On YouTube
One very efficient way to make money on youtube in Nigeria is Affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing means selling products in exchange for a commission. Hundreds of thousands of companies offer attractive deals to affiliate products, including huge companies, like Amazon and eBay, as well as smaller companies.
Affiliate marketing is obviously a hugely popular way to make money online from home. Instead of relying on static blogs to drive people to affiliate links, try creating a lively YouTube channel and using it as the primary catalyst for driving traffic and generating sales for affiliate websites.
Lots of companies today provide sponsorship to YouTube channels for direct advertisement. To reach out for sponsorship you might need to work on a detailed proposal about the things you are able to provide. Make sure you know well about your audience and the brand you are approaching. The great thing about sponsorship is that you don’t have to give YouTube a cut.
Steps For Getting a Brand Deal Or Sponsorship
- Find brands and campaigns that match your audience.
- Pitch your creative ideas and present the proposal to the brand within their parameters (product review, 30-60 shout-out etc).
- If accepted, you are hired and will begin collaboration with the brand to produce the project.
- Build out content and seek brand proposals.
- Get paid.
3. Sell Your Own Products Or Service
Another way to make money on youtube in Nigeria is to learn what your viewers need and sell them something of value. If you want to make 100 percent of the revenue and have full control of the money coming in? To do this, you need to sell your own products or services.
For example, let’s say you create a mini online training program that you sell for $250. If you convert just one viewer in every 1,000 views to your $250 video course, you’ll have made $0.25 per view….more than 59-times what you would make with YouTube ads.
You can sell your products on popular e-commerce platforms such as Amazon, Shopify, Jumia, or Konga. These platforms provide an online store for you to sell your products. By mentioning or linking your products in your videos, you can direct traffic to your e-commerce spot on any of the platforms and make some extra cash.