Six students of the University of Abuja, have received a sum of N1.7 million research grant from the university’s Centre for Undergraduate Research Fund.
- 1 ₦30,000 Covid-19 Support to over 11,500 Nigerians Begins
- 2 ₦300,000 FarmerMoni Loan is Out Again – GEEP 2.0 Loan Application Form
- 3 ₦50,000 COVID-19 Vaccine Cash Gift Begins – This not Loan Application
- 4 YAEDP N800,000 Grant for Nigerian Youth – Apply Now
- 5 ₦1.5 million Gov Loan to be Disbursed to Beneficiaries
- 6 ₦250,000 FG Loan by NDE has Commence
- 7 MSME Fund: FG has supported 9,085 beneficiaries
- 8 ₦50,000 COVID-19 Vaccine Cash Gift Begins – This not Loan Application
- 9 ₦700,0000 Start-up Loans for Youths Begins
- 10 Apply Now For iDixcover Africa Ambassadors Programme 2022 for Young Africans
- 11 South Africa FNB Graduate Trainee Programme 2022
- 12 N20,000 Fund Payment by Federal Government Update
- 13 NDE Nirsal /AGSMEIS Loan 2022 for Nigerians – Apply Now
- 14 SheVentures First City Monument Bank Tech Pitch 2022 for women in tech (Two million Naira Cash Prize)
- 15 FG issues interest-free loans to 98,000 Nigerians
- 16 CBN disburses ₦948 billion to 4, 478, 381 Farmers – Anchor Borrowers’ Programme (ABP) Loan
- 17 CBN offers ₦370,000 Loan to 10,000 Farmers
- 18 NFWP Set To Commence $15 Million Grant Disbursement In Niger
- 19 Mercy Corps, LAPO Microfinance Bank sign 200m Empowerment Scheme For North Eastern Nigeria
- 20 FG Begins SMEDAN ₦1.5m Loan – Apply
- 21 NYIF ₦500k Loan Shortlisted Candidates is out | Check
- 22 CBN Covid-19 Loan 2022 | Application
- 23 World Bank Set To Empower Women In Six States With $100m
- 24 CBN increases SME Loan Intervention fund to N300 billion, disburses N149.21 billion
SheVentures First City Monument Bank Tech Pitch 2022 for women in tech (Two million Naira Cash Prize)
Speaking at the university’s second Undergraduate Research Day on Thursday, the Vice-Chancellor of the university, Prof. Abdul-Rasheed Na’Allah, said the grant was to assist the students in developing solutions to national problems.
According to him, government, parents and industry must look up to universities to solve problems.
“Our goal is to ensure that whatever we do as research, the industry will pick it up and develop it further for the betterment of the society.
“Research is about finding solutions to national problems. We want their mind to be set up in such a way that every day they think about bringing change to society. We want to also raise awareness that universities have so much to contribute to our world”
He urged other universities to emulate the University of Abuja by having centres of undergraduate research.
Director, Centre for Undergraduate Research, of the University, Dr Taibat Adebukola Atoyebi, said
28 applications were received from student out of which the best six was chosen.
He said the institution would continue to mentor and monitor the students until the final research output is out.