Applications for Google for Startups initiative giving access to funding to Black-founded startups in Africa is ongoing for interested and suitably qualified persons to apply.
Through the Google for Startups Black Founders Fund Africa, Google is supporting early-stage, Black-founded startups on the continent. Google want to bridge the existing fundraising gap for Black startup founders in Africa’s fast-growing technology landscape.
Startups must be:
- Headquartered in Africa or has a legal presence on the continent
- Building for Africa and a global market
- Creating jobs, able to show growth potential to raise more funding, and making an impact
With a founding team that is:
- Diverse, with at least one Black C-level founding member
- Directly supporting the Black community
- Technology startups with a live product in-market or a business where technology is core to their ability to scale (the initiative is not for consultancies or not-for-profits)
- Compatibility with Google products—our products can accelerate your growth
Botswana, Cameroun, Côte D’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe.
- Access to capital: Up to $100K in equity-free cash will be awarded to each startup. Each startup will receive either $50,000 or $100,000. Funding varies according to each startup’s product development stage, current needs, and how much they’ve already raised.
- Global community: At its core, the Black Founders Fund is a global initiative. Selected founders have the opportunity to connect with founders from all over the world.