Visa application in European countries such as Holland is easy. However, there are a few compulsory details you should know before applying. The application requirements vary with the type of visa. What purpose are you traveling for? How long do you wish to stay in Holland? The answer to these questions tells the type of visa you will need. In this article, we are going to give you the important details of the Holland visa application and requirements.
This visa application process requires a few steps and guides which is what we are going to be showing you below.
Holland Visa Application
Visa applications in Holland are sometimes handled by the travel authorities in the country. However, the application is also outsourced to Visa application companies like VFS Global. Below we are going to give a step-by-step guide on how to apply for a Holland visa via the VSF global company.
- Before applying for a visa, identify the purpose of your journey to Holland. This will help in clarifying the documents you will need for the application process.
- Create an account with your profile. Visit visa.vsf.global and create a profile with your Gmail address.
- After creating a profile, fill in the online application form provided. Get the online application form here
- Complete the application form with the correct information and prepare the required documents.
- Schedule an appointment with VFS Global. Print out the form and wait for the appointment date.
- Submit your online application form with all required documents on the day of the appointment.
- You will also pay a certain amount of money for the VSF Global service fee and the visa application fee.
- Wait for the approval of the visa. The duration of the application process is at least two weeks for any type of visa.
- If your visa is approved, you will be contacted to report for the collection of your passport. Collection of passport requires you to bring your valid ID and receipt of visa application.
NOTE; If you are sending someone to collect the passport on your behalf, you will need the following; A signed authorization from the owner, a valid ID of the owner, an ID of the person collecting the passport, and a receipt of the visa application.
Types of Holland visa
Like we mentioned earlier, the purpose of your travel will determine what type of visa you need. There are different categories of visa applications that you could fall under depending on the purpose of your journey. Traveling to Holland, you can apply for two kinds of visa: Schengen and the National Visa.
- Schengen visa
The Schengen visa is a type of visa that allows you to move within the Schengen region for 90 days. This region consists of 26 European countries with a mutual free border policy.
The Schengen visa also referred to as a ‘short stay visa’, has different types of visas. These include;
Transit Visa; If you are traveling to another country through a Schengen country, you will have this type of visa. However, these visas do not permit Holland entry as you are only restricted to the boarding airport.
Business Visa; Business trips fall under this type of visa. If you are traveling to Holland for business purposes, then you must apply for a Business visa. However, you must provide all documents compulsory for this visa.
Tourist Visa; Pleasure, holidays, and vacation travel purposes fall under the Tourist visa type. People who travel for this purpose are not to surpass 90 days.
Medical Visa; This visa permits entry into Holland based on medical healthcare treatment. This visa also has a duration of only 90 days.
Cultural Visa; This visa permits a stay in Holland for cultural activities, sports, and religion. This visa type is familiar to athletes, artists, and religious guests.
- National Visa
The national visa is also known as the long-stay visa. This type of visa is eligible for people traveling for work, study, or other related purposes.
Student Visa; The holder of this type of visa is granted entry into Holland based on Educational and academic pursui
Employment Visa; This visa is granted to eligible non-Europeans who meet all the requirements of working in Holland. For this type of visa, an employment contract from a Holland resident must be in place.
Work Permit Visa; If you meet all the criteria for working in Holland, you will be granted a work permit.
Researcher Visa; Researchers, scholars, and educationists looking to carry out research activities must obtain this type of visa. There is also a time duration that you must not exceed with the researcher visa.
Family Reunion Visa; Visiting a family, friend, or spouse that is a Holland resident must require this type of visa.
The national visa consists of various types of visas, including; Freelance visas, Partnership visas, Internship visas, and Language course Visa.
Just like we mentioned, the difference between the Schengen and the National visa is the duration. If you are looking to take any kind of trip to Holland, note that the type of visa you need is dependent on the purpose of your journey.
Requirements for Holland Visa Application
Application for a Holland Visa comes with some requirements and documents. Below are general requirements for applying for a Holland visa;
- A passport with two blank pages for the necessary stamps. The passport must be valid for at least three months after your journey.
- A copy of the first page of your passport which carries your data.
- A copy of your Completed and signed visa application form
- A color biometric photo that is at least 6 months
- Bank statements from the last three months. Your Bank funds should confirm that you can cover the cost of your visa fee and maintenance.
- Documents showing proof of employment, study, and another related permit.
- Resident address via Invitation letter from a host or proof of hotel accommodation.
- Valid Health insurance documents for the duration of your stay in Holland.
The documents required are special to the different status of the applicant as described below;
- The company’s Employment contract certificate is necessary
- History of Bank transactions of the last 90 days.
- Income tax return papers and
- Invitation letter from the applicant’s employer
- Business Licence/ Company registration
- Income Tax return and
- The Bank statement of the business over the last 60 days.
- Proof of University enrollment
- School acceptance document.
These requirements are compulsory and will increase the likelihood of approval of your visa application. So before applying for a Holland visa, make sure you have all these requirements in place.
If you have any questions about this topic, please check out the FAQ section below.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Can I extend my Holland Visa?
Extending your stay in Holland is only possible under certain conditions. These conditions include having a convincing explanation for your extended stay and Covering the travel Insurance for the duration of the extension. Also, your extended stay must not surpass 90 days. You should also be aware that the extended stay in Holland will cost you a fee of 30 euros.
Can I work with a Holland Visa?
You can only work in Holland when you have a work permit issued by an employer in the country. Aside from that, you are not allowed to use any short-term visa to work or settle in Holland.
Is Holland part of the Schengen zone?
Holland is part of the 26 countries in the Schengen zone. These countries have a free border policy that allows staying around each Schengen country without a visa for 90 days or more.
How do I know if I need a visa to enter a Schengen zone?
The Visa requirement before traveling to Holland or any other Schengen zone is dependent on the country. However, you can check if your country requires a visa.
Is it possible to change my information after submitting the online application form?
No. You should preview all the details you have entered in the online application before clicking on submit. On the other hand, if you have a minor error, it can be rectified during the interview.
How long does it take to get your visa approved?
The visa application process may vary with the type of visas. Although the application process takes at least two weeks, you should keep track of your application.
Can I travel to other countries with my Holland Schengen Visa?
Yes. This can only be possible if the country is among the other 25 countries in the Schengen zone.
So, by now, I believe that you know everything about Holland visa applications and requirements. If you are looking to apply for a Holland visa, follow the guide we have provided.