We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
The USAID Advancing Nutrition implements and provides technical support to nutrition interventions across sectors and disciplines for USAID and its partners. The project’s multi-sectoral approach draws together global nutrition experience to design, implement and evaluate programs that address the root causes of malnutrition. Committed to using a systems approach, USAID Advancing Nutrition strives to sustain positive outcomes by building local capacity, supporting behavior change and strengthening the enabling environment to save lives, improve health, build resilience, increase economic productivity and advance development.
The overall purpose of the project in Nigeria is to provide technical support to the Government of Nigeria, and other nutrition stakeholders and generate evidence to enhance nutrition programming toward achieving the overall goal of improving nutrition for a healthy, productive, and resilient Nigeria.
Scope of the Position
- The Admin Officer works under the direct supervision of the Senior Finance and Operations Officer/HR/Operations Manager to implement practices and activities of the Human Resources and Administrative Management in the project providing a full spectrum of HR services and Administration linked to organizational and project needs and objectives.
- He or she works closely with the Country Director, COP, and the Nigeria Leadership Team to support the achievement of organizational and project goals and objectives through the development, implementation, and management of HR and admin activities.
- Ensure all recruitment policies and procedures are adhered to and recommend improvements.
- Review and prepare recruitment materials including job descriptions, job specifications, adverts and interview questions for positions to be filled.
- Carry out short listing, coordinate and participate in interviews.
- Conduct reference checks. And manage bio- data forms
- Manage all new hire employment forms.
- Maintains an active and organized data bank of applicants for various positions.
- Plan and conduct/coordinate new employee orientation including provision of information about policies, job duties, working conditions, opportunities for employee benefits etc.
- Assist to oversee the administration of the health benefits and pension program. Collaborate with the Management Team on the management of the provider relationships.
- Conduct salary negotiations for new staff. Review all offers to selected candidates, ensuring equity within the different projects and Operations units.
- Communicate proposed salary changes to the Country Director for approval.
- Review local payroll to ensure accuracy and timely submission of information.
- Ensure that all promotions are properly justified both technically and in terms of compensation.
- Support initiatives geared towards creation of a safe, healthy, and happy workplace such as open-door policy, One Helen Keller principle, trainings and safeguards that promote safety and security at workplace.
- Work with Supervisors/Managers to ensure that all new staff have set objectives for the probation period, manage due dates and decisions to confirm further employment.
- Manage the full cycle performance review cycle process and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Assist Supervisors/Mangers with managing performance issues.
- Management of staff exits, including conducting of exit interviews.
- Provides technical support and back stopping for HR/Ops Manager.
The Administrative Officer is to ensure implementation of operational strategies including:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with Helen Keller regulations, policies and strategies.
- Support to the Helen Keller Country Office administrative business processes.
- Implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies in consultations with office management.
The Administrative Officerwill ensure effective and efficient provision of project coordination activities which include:
- Coordination of logistics including working closely with the procurement team for booking of flight and hotel reservations, making arrangement for transportation, review of travel authorizations, documentation, and payments.
- Coordination and supervision of support staff (driver, office assistant);
- Presentation of thoroughly researched information for planning of financial resources for administrative services.
The Administrative Officer will provide support to proper supply and assets management including:
- Coordination of assets management in Helen Keller Country Office and project states which includes coordination of physical verification of inventory items for all USAID items.
- Ensuring provision of reliable and quality office supplies.
- Proper inventory control; supervision of proper issuance of inventory items and supplies.
- Assist in country audit as needed.
- Assist with meetings and discussions with partners as needed.
- Ensure safety measures are maintained in the vehicle and office including First Aid and fire precautions.
- Attend monthly meetings and subcommittee meetings as required.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years work experience.
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
|Job Category||Administrative / Secretarial / Personal Assistant (PA) / Clerical / Office Assistant Jobs in Nigeria|