The organization now seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the following regular full-time position below:
Job Title: ART Nurse
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Senior Nursing Officer
- The ART nurse assists the clinician in ensuring smooth implementation of the ART service delivery within the facility. He /She will directly support the health facility and community HIV prevention programs, strengthen referral and linkage services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In close collaboration with the facility medical officer, ensure the provision of quality, evidence-based ART, PMTCT, prevention and TB services.
- Initiate and expand PITC in the supported health facilities.
- Provides skilled nursing procedures (i.e. dressing changes, etc.).
- Administers medication as ordered within the scope of practice of the licensee.
- Performs phlebotomy and/or initiates intravenous infusions as ordered.
- Attends and participates in team conferences as requested.
- May act as a team lead at facility to assist with the provision and supervision of patient care.
- Charts notes and medication administration according to protocol.
- Provides patient and family education.
- Exercises appropriate judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ensures the maintenance of patient confidentiality.
- Reports significant changes in the patient’s physical status to the RN and/or to the medical provider.
- Establish and support effective linkages and referral of patients within and outside the facility.
- Work closely with the prevention coordinator to supervise community program staff and ensure achievement of targets as well as timely preparation and dissemination of reports.
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation of all services provided.
- Implement operational research protocols to answer important questions within AHF’s treatment and prevention programs.
- Any other duty designated by the supervisor.
Education and Experience
- University graduate in Nursing or equivalent
- RN/RM with at least five years’ experience.
- At least two years’ experience in HIV program management.
- Knowledge of minimum prevention package for Nigeria is highly essential.
- Must be highly organized and capable of effective multi-tasking.
- Ability to write reports and communicate effectively.
- Sensitivity to ethics and confidentiality of HIV/AIDS client issues
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
Application Closing Date
11th October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (CV and Cover Letter as one document) to: [email protected] using the Job Title and the Location you are applying for as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Also, your application document must be saved in your full name preferably in MS word or PDF format.
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
|Job Category||Nursing/Health Care Work/Frontline|