Norrenberger is a leading, independent financial services group that provides bespoke financial solutions that add value to our individual and institutional clients. Our component companies are licensed and regulated either by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) or the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) to provide Investment Banking, Fund Management, Financial Advisory and Stockbroking services to our discerning clientele.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Credit Risk Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Credit Risk Officer is responsible for ensuring sound management of credit risk and implementing the credit/investment risk framework in the area of the Group’s lending and investment operations.
- He/She will support the identification, assessment, and management of credit and investment transactions to safeguard assets quality and minimize potential losses.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Review and provide feedback about the completed loan application form on any missing or unclear documents in the application thereby ensuring all required supportive documents for the credit analysis have been submitted
- Conduct credit evaluation/ analysis for retail and MSME clients and make appropriate recommendation in line with credit policy
- Ensure proposed facility are structured appropriately in line with transaction dynamics, repayment structure and customer’s cashflow.
- Ensure compliance to target market, risk acceptance criteria and overall Credit policy
- Conduct Risk Rating and Credit scoring for all loan request
- Conduct financial and non-financial business analysis on proposed request and interpret generated financial ratios/ performance indicators
- Recommend credit for final approval, follow-up with the required DLA to ensure request are approved timely and communicate approval to market facing units
- Ensure that all pre-disbursement conditions are met
- Ensure that limits are monitored; maturing repayments and all receivables on accounts are collected
- Identification of credit related early warning signals and flagging likely problems before they crystallize
- Prepare on a timely basis, the rendition of all relevant regulatory returns
- Liaise with Financial Control Department (FINCON) to prepare Capital Adequacy Ratios and loan impairment in line with CBN prudential guidelines and IFRS requirements
- Credit call visits to customers with relationship management team.
- Liaise with Legal Unit and ensure that all security documentations comply with terms of approval and are enforceable
- Ensure proper filling of customer loan documentation in line with the requirement of the CBN prudential guideline
- Builds relationship with RMs and Relationship/platform Officers to improve quality of business proposals and turnaround time on credit evaluations.
- Perform Credit status enquiry and act as interface to other Credit bureaus with regards to submission of data (CRMS, CR, CRC e.t.c)
- Review of Credit portfolio for sustained quality, performance and compliance with approved terms and conditions as well as Credit policy
- Identify deteriorating accounts for prudential classification and transfer to the recovery team
- Revise and propose changes to existing Credit Risk policies
- Prepare relevant risk reports for the Risk Management Committee and relevant Board committees
- Staff training internally (credit staff) and externally as may be required
- Carry out such other duties that may be delegated to it by Head, Enterprise Assurance Group
- Minimum of B.Sc Degree preferably in Accounting / Finance, Economics or Business Administration
- 4 – 5 years post-NYSC experience in Credit Risk Management within the financial services industry with primary focus on MSME and Retail segment.
- Professional qualification such as ACA and ACCA
- Experience in Credit Administration and delinquent management will be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of CBN policies on credit and loan administration
- Knowledge of retail banking and micro lending.
Application Closing Date
23rd April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Applicants must currently reside in Abuja, Nigeria.