ACDI/VOCA – For over 50 years and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 34 projects in 26 countries and revenues of approximately $174 million.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party, Nigeria Livestock
Employment Type: Long-term
- ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party for an anticipated livestock program in Nigeria funded by USAID.
- The Activity will explore practical, cost effective, and multi-stakeholder adaptation solutions to improve livelihoods of poor and vulnerable communities in target states.
- The Deputy Chief of Party will support the Chief of Party in providing leadership management and general technical direction to the Activity.
- The program is anticipated to start in late December 2022 and this position will be based in Nigeria.
- Provide technical leadership to activities that improve agricultural productivity, livelihoods agroecosystem resilience, livestock and nutrition using a market systems approach.
- In collaboration with Home Office Program Management Team, ensure overall management of ACDI/VOCA’s team and resources
- Design, test, and scale resilient market-led mechanisms to promote and deliver inputs and services to livestock producers
- Design embedded extension solutions to facilitate the transfer of improved livestock rearing practices to producers
- Develop interventions that address system constraints and identify leverage points for appropriate action, support, or investment
- Prepare and contribute to work plan, financial, logistical, and other documents
- Provide leadership to continually stay on top of evolving market trends, conducting targeted research on new/potential market channels and technologies, business models, and partnerships
- Identify risks related to the implementation of the program in a timely manner and suggest corrective measures
- Integrate adaptive management systems and a culture of collaborating, learning, and adapting that encourages the flow of information and reflection to maximize performance and continuous improvement across project teams and external partners
- Ensure compliance with program objectives and USAID rules and regulations
- Support the overall knowledge management process, contributing to quarterly reports and the M&E and learning processes
- Represent ACDI/VOCA at meetings, workshops, and other events
- Coordinate activities with government officials, other development partners, stakeholders, and institutions active in the target areas
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Livestock Management, Agriculture, Animal Sciences, or relevant field is required; Master’s degree preferred
- 10 years of experience implementing agricultural value chain development activities in the Nigerian livestock sector
- Prior experience as a Deputy Chief of Party for USAID-funded activities strongly preferred
- Proven experience coordinating with other donors, government institutions, and private sector organizations, effectively interacting with municipal government counterparts and local organizations
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills
- Fluency in English (written and oral) required; Knowledge of regional languages is a plus.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted.
- ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
- ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.
|Job Category||Administrative / Secretarial / Personal Assistant (PA) / Clerical / Office Assistant Jobs in Nigeria|