About CIVIC: Center for Civilians in Conflict (CIVIC) Center is an international nonprofit with offices around the world working to improve protection for civilians caught in conflict zones. Our mission is to work with armed actors and civilians in conflict to develop and implement solutions to prevent, mitigate, and respond civilian harm. We are advocates who believe that no civilian caught in conflict should be ignored, and advisors who provide practical solutions to preventing and responding to civilian harm. Learn more at civiliansinconflict.org.
Job Title: Finance & Operations Manager
Reports To: Country Director
- Ensure day-to-day accounting operations and financial management functions are performed in compliance with internal and donors’ policies and procedures.
- Ensure funds availability and verify that all procurement actions are compliant with internal and client’s financial management guidelines.
- Ensure that all accounting data is updated, reconciled, and fully supported with backup documents.
- Responsible for the timely processing of staff payroll, allowances, and other reimbursements.
- Monitor cash flow and regularly update budget projections to ensure supply of adequate funds.
- Support the preparation of budgets, monitor, review and revise as required.
- Meet financial reporting requirements, ensuring that all financial reports are submitted on or before deadline.
- In coordination with HQ, ensure accurate and smooth month and year-end closing and reporting within agreed schedules.
- Provide financial status of project expenses and budget information as requested.
- Ensure compliance with local laws, particularly on withholding taxes.
- Coordinate with Program Manager(s) to establish proper controls for grants management; and
- Ensure and routinely test for maintenance of audit-ready
- Review and analyze financial reports, including cost allocation of shared costs, to verify financial transactions. Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure all transactions are accurately stated and appropriately classified. Work with relevant staff to address irregularities and resolve accounting issues and ensure correction of accounting entries and payroll.
- Serve as the key point person on all issues related to financial transaction records. Provide proactive advice, support, and capacity building to managers, staff, and subrecipients to ensure compliance with standards and proper records of financial transactions, as well as to support strengthening of internal control.
- Ensure financial reports are generated accurately and disseminated timely as per established reporting schedules and assist staff with financial reports analysis.
- Oversee maintenance of a good filing system of required supporting documentation to ensure easy access and retrieval, and a reliable and easy to follow audit trail.
- Ensure efficient management of cash flows and availability of sufficient and optimal cash in the CP’s operating account through monitoring cash balances (both cash-in-bank and cash-on-hand), preparing bank reconciliations, analyzing, and forecasting cash needs
- Manage physical office and liaise with building management.
- Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Keep track of CIVIC assets (technology equipment etc.)
- Control correspondence including fax and mail dissemination.
- Serve as overall first point of contact for staff with technical issues.
- Responsible for the technology management within the program office and ensures all staff are set up and understand how to use CIVIC-approved technologies.
- Trouble shoot technical glitches including internet, phones, printers, network etc.
- Manage supplies and approve staff requests for furniture, equipment, and supplies.
Educational qualification & experience requirements:
- A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration with courses in accounting.
- Qualification in accounting (ACA/ACCA/CPA).
- Masters in Business Administration will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years financial management and bookkeeping experience including budgeting, and forecasting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, and financial reports.
- Substantial budgeting, budget/expense analysis, and accounting experience.
- Knowledge of the relevant public donors’ regulations preferred.
- Knowledge of local law in taxation and local regulatory reporting procedures.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications. Knowledge financial accounting package/ reporting software preferred.
- Understands local labor law requirements, human resource, and facilities management.
- Knowledge of working with international NGOs (INGO).
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English.
- Must be able to keep CIVIC matters strictly confidential.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
Key working relationships:
- Internal-All staff (Program & Operation staff in-Country & HQ)
- External -Donors Representatives & Vendors
CIVIC is not able to sponsor employees now, therefore, please ensure that you are able to legally work in this location when applying. Upon offer, the candidate will be asked to provide a copy of their passport, National ID, work permit, or other documentation which allows them to work in the specified location.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: CIVIC does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. CIVIC does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
“CIVIC is an equal –opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, etc.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.
|Job Category||Accounting / Accountant / Auditing / Tax / Finance Jobs in Nigeria, Finance / Accounting / Audit / Tax Jobs in Nigeria, NGO / Non-Profit Associations Jobs in Nigeria, Operations and Corporate Services Jobs in Nigeria|