ACDI/VOCA – For over 50 years and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 34 projects in 26 countries and revenues of approximately $174 million.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Livestock Productivity Lead, Nigeria Livestock
Employment Type: Long-term
- ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Livestock Productivity Lead for an anticipated livestock program in Nigeria funded by USAID. The Activity will explore practical, cost effective, and multi-stakeholder adaptation solutions to improve livelihoods of poor and vulnerable communities in target states.
- The program is anticipated to start in late December 2022 and this position will be based in Nigeria.
- Design and implement strategies focused on increasing livestock productivity through animal health and nutrition, husbandry, herd management, and breeding practices
- Lead initiatives enhancing livestock management learning and adoption of best practices
- Design, test, and scale market-led mechanisms to promote and deliver inputs and services to livestock producers
- Develop partnerships to increase year-round access to affordable, high-quality animal feed
- Conduct targeted research on new/potential market channels and technologies, business models, and partnerships
- Design embedded extension solutions to facilitate the transfer of improved livestock rearing practices to producers
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Livestock Management, Agriculture, Animal Aciences, or relevant field is required
- 5 years of experience working in livestock production and marketing in Nigeria strongly preferred
- Demonstrated track record of working with service providers in the livestock sector, including veterinary and input services
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills
- Fluency in English (written and oral) is required; Knowledge of regional languages is a plus.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted.
- ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
- ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.
|Job Category||Administrative / Secretarial / Personal Assistant (PA) / Clerical / Office Assistant Jobs in Nigeria|