Long Term Jobs in Nigeria
JOBS IN ABUJA - JOB VACANCIES IN ABUJA
Posted 11 months ago
ACDI/VOCA – Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Lead, Nigeria Livestock
- ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Nutrition Lead for an anticipated livestock program in Nigeria funded by USAID.
- The Activity will explore practical, cost effective, and multi-stakeholder adaptation solutions to improve livelihoods of poor and vulnerable communities in target states.
- The Nutrition Lead will lead the development, implementation, and monitoring of nutrition-sensitive interventions and activities across the entirety of the program.
- The program is anticipated to start in late December 2022 and this position will be based in Nigeria.
- Support, manage, and advocate for the integration of high quality and responsive approaches across the entirety of the program to increase availability, affordability, access to and consumption of safe, nutritious foods, particularly for women, youth, and other vulnerable groups
- Oversee the implementation of field research to identify key opportunities for increasing food availability, affordability, accessibility, for the consumption of safe, nutritious food
- Co-create the design and implementation of interventions that increase household production, access to, purchase, and consumption of nutrient-rich foods, particularly for women, youth, and other vulnerable groups, applying nutrition-sensitive best practices and input from ACDI/VOCA Home Office Technical Experts
- Provide technical guidance on the development of tools, resources, and models to facilitate the integration of nutrition into agriculture and market systems development interventions
- Design and conduct participatory workshops on nutrition-sensitive agriculture and/or food systems for program participants, including households, private sectors actors, and government
- Facilitate the increased capacity of all staff members in nutrition
- Direct implementation teams to carry out project activities as needed
- Implement Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) best practices to inform and scale-up nutrition and food systems interventions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition, Public Health, or relevant field required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 5 years of experience integrating nutrition into agriculture and/or market systems development projects, preferably in Nigeria
- Experience working with food systems actors, including rural producers, farmers’ associations, agribusinesses, private sector agricultural production, private sector food processors, or governments desired
- Understanding of gender- and youth-integrated agriculture concepts and ability to integrate gender into nutrition-sensitive approaches
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to gather and analyze a variety of information pertaining to issues and to develop appropriate recommendations for action
- Excellent written communication skills required, with a demonstrated ability to write reports in a clear, concise manner
- Fluency in English (written and oral) is required; knowledge of regional languages is a plus.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted.
- ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
- ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.
|Job Category||Administrative / Secretarial / Personal Assistant (PA) / Clerical / Office Assistant Jobs in Nigeria|
Add A Comment