The Youth Network for Community & Sustainable Development is a youth-led movement catalyzing social change by engaging young people on critical sexual and reproductive issues affecting them and amplifying their voices to speak for Human Rights, through targeted advocacy to key players, capacity building and development, communications and media engagements, partnerships and programme implementation. We also work on a broad range of issues such as Gender, Governance and Environment, however, our priority over the years has been on Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights Since its inception, YNCSD has been catalyzing efforts of young people toward ending Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting (FGM/C) and gender-based violence, through effective programming that transforms social norms underpinning these practices as well as promoting reproductive health and rights for women and girls.
Part of our activities is to ensure that every pregnancy is wanted and that women and girls have access to reproductive health services and are given the opportunity to exercise full agency over their bodies. We pride ourselves to be a leading youth-led organization delivering quality programmes and interventions for our donors and partners based in Nigeria and globally. The Technical Assistant, Monitoring, Evaluation Learning and Resourcing (MLR) will be responsible for the design, coordination, and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of a portfolio of Projects at YNCSD. The successful applicant will lead innovative approaches toward Learning and support in identifying and pursuing resourcing needs for new projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer – Monitoring, Learning & Resourcing
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Setting up the Monitoring and Evaluation System
- Implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation and Coordination
- Learning and Resourcing.
Setting up the system:
- Assist in the revision of the project M&E framework, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement.
- Assist in the development and/or finalization of the project Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
- Develop the overall framework, for project M&E, for example, mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, and develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
- Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
- Develop baseline data for the project component and for all project indicators.
- With collaborating partners, review their existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support, and resources.
- Develop a plan for project-related capacity-building on M&E and for any computer-based support that may be required.
Implementation of M&E and coordination:
- Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
- Check data quality with partners.
- Maintain and administer the M&E database; analyse and aggregate findings.
- Support project progress reporting, project mid-term review, and final evaluation.
- Identify areas where technical support to project partners is required. Organize refresher training on M&E for partners as required.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project.
- Provide advice to the supervisor on improving project performance using M&E findings.
- Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
- Provide the Programme Manager with management information she/he may require.
- Check that monitoring data are discussed in the appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussions to fill any gap.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Project Manager and the Programs Associate.
Learning and Resourcing:
- Develop and roll out learning structures within the organization thereby promoting a culture of learning
- Proactively manage Business Development databases and lead in the technical writing of proposals and concept notes
- Take notes during business development meetings and infuse organizational learning into new project designs
- Proactively position the organization for new opportunities by researching donors, preparing business cases and making presentations.
- Interested candidates should possess relevant qualifications with 2 – 3 years of work experience.
- N70,000 – N120,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a letter of application stating your motivation and the skills that you would bring to this specific post along with your resume / CV to: [email protected] using “Technical Officer (MLR)” as the subject of the mail.
- Documents must be in English
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
|Job Category||Technical Services|