The Flemish Ministry of Education and Training provides scholarships for master’s programs in Flanders and Brussels to exceptional students worldwide. A Master Mind Scholarship encompasses a €10,000 grant along with a tuition fee waiver per academic year (60 ECTS).
Scholarship recipients are only required to pay an administrative enrollment fee. The grant is disbursed in installments, covering accommodation expenses, insurance, and a substantial portion of their living costs. To be considered, interested individuals must initially apply to one of the Flemish host institutions participating in the Master Mind Scholarship Programme.
Universities of Applied Sciences and Arts
Antwerp Maritime Academy
AP University of Applied Sciences and Arts
Erasmus Brussels University of Applied Sciences and Arts
HOGENT University of Applied Sciences and Arts
KdG University of Applied Sciences and Arts
LUCA School of Arts
PXL University of Applied Sciences and Arts
Determine your eligibility for Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships
To qualify, the applicant must seek admission into a master’s degree program at a Flemish higher education institution. The applicant should demonstrate a high level of academic achievement and/or potential:
- A Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 out of 4.0
- For proficiency in the English language, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- An overall minimum band score of 7.0 on the IELTS test
- A minimum total score of 94 on a TOEFL test
- A C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference
- or a similar result in another officially recognized language test accepted by the host institution
- Online language tests of IELTS and TOEFL will also be considered, such as IELTS Indicator and TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition
- Applicants to schools of arts must achieve:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on the IELTS test
- A minimum total score of 90 on the TOEFL test
- A B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference
- or a similar result in another officially recognized English language test accepted by the host institution
- Online language tests of IELTS and TOEFL will also be accepted. The host institution will conduct an academic assessment of the student’s application.
Check Out Also: British Chevening Scholarships in UK for International Students
Acceptance by the host institution is a prerequisite to receiving the scholarship. This condition stands even if the host institution’s decision is made after the selection for the Master Mind Scholarship program.
Each applicant can only be nominated by one Flemish higher education institution. In the event an applicant is preselected by multiple institutions, they must select one to submit their application through the Mobility Online tool.
All nationalities, except for Russian (see news item for more information), are eligible to apply. Previous degrees must be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders. International students who have participated in credit mobility at a Flemish higher education institution can still apply for the Master Mind Scholarship.
Students currently enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution are not eligible to apply, except for international students who are already enrolled in a specific preparatory program to start a master’s program in September 2024 at the time of their application in Spring 2024.
Students enrolling in certain programs for the academic year 2024-2025 are not eligible for the Master Mind Scholarship, including preparatory programs, bridging programs, and distance learning. Student mobility to partner with institutions outside Flanders and Brussels during the master’s program is allowed. However, at least half of the study credits for the master’s program must be obtained at the Flemish host institution.
How to Submit an Application for Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships
Here are the steps to apply for the Master Mind Scholarships:
- VERIFY YOUR ELIGIBILITY: First, confirm whether you meet the requirements for application and if the Flemish institution you prefer takes part in the Master Mind Scholarships.
- SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION: Apply to the host institution where you seek to pursue your studies.
- PRESELECTION: The host institution reviews and selects eligible applications.
- APPLICATION PROCEDURE: The host institution initiates the Master Mind Scholarship application process by creating your application file using the Mobility-Online application tool.
- PRESELECTION EMAIL: If you are pre-selected for a Master Mind Scholarship, you will receive an email from the Mobility-Online tool.
- COMPLETE APPLICATION FILE: Register in the Mobility-Online tool and finalize your application file before the deadline. The documents to be uploaded include a passport photo, international passport or national ID, Curriculum Vitae, Transcript of records, English language test results, letter of motivation, letters of recommendation, and copies of acquired diploma(s).
- SUBMISSION DEADLINE: The host institution validates and submits the completed application file via the Mobility-Online tool before the 28th April 2024, 23:59 GMT+1 deadline. Applications submitted after this time will not be considered.