The Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships for International Students 2022/23 (fully funded) – Application for Master Mind Scholarships has started. See information on the Master Mind Scholarship Portal (www.studyinflanders.be), eligibility, values, selection criteria, deadlines, and how to apply online via the application portal/website.
Please be informed that Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships for International Students for 2022 is out and their application ends on 6 Apr 2022. However, we have provided the requirements for all student categories on this page. The online application will take place on www.studyinflanders.be/scholarships/master-mind-scholarships Belgium Scholarships portal.
The Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships offers a tuition fee waiver per academic year (60 ECTS) including a grant of €8 400. The grant is paid in installments and covers accommodation costs, insurance and a significant amount of their living expenses. If you are interested, you first need to apply to one of the Flemish host institutions that participate in the Master Mind Scholarship Programme.
- 1 CHECK OUT THESE SCHOLARSHIPS
- 2 Mastermind Scholarship Belgium Full Details
- 3 Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships Benefits
- 4 Eligibility Criteria for Scholarships in Belgium for International Students 2022
- 5 How to Apply for Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships for International Students 2022/2023
- 6 When is the Master Mind Scholarship 2022 Application Deadline?
CHECK OUT THESE SCHOLARSHIPS
- GSEP Scholarships
- Türkiye Scholarships for International Students
- Elks Scholarship
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships for International Students
- Study in Canada Scholarships
- American University Scholarship
- Milton Fisher Scholarship
- Fully Funded Masters Scholarships in USA
- Fully Funded Undergraduate Scholarships in USA
- IIE-SRF Fellowship
- Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
- Eiffel Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Orange Knowledge Programme Scholarship for International Students
Mastermind Scholarship Belgium Full Details
- Host Institution(s):
- University colleges (Arts and Nautical Sciences)
- Level/Fields of study: Eligible Masters Degree Programmes offered at participating Flemish Institutions except preparatory programmes; bridging programmes; or distance learning.
- Target group: International students from all countries. There are a number of scholarships reserved for students from certain countries: Japan (3), Mexico (3), Palestine (2), USA (5).
Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships Benefits
- A Master Mind Scholarship includes a grant of €8,400 plus a tuition fee waiver per academic year. Master Mind Scholarship holders only pay an administrative enrolment fee. The Flemish Host Institution can ask the applicant for a tuition fee of maximum €115.80 per year for 2022/23.
- The duration of mobility is one academic year for a Master programme of 60 ECTS and two academic years for a master programme of 120 ECTS.
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarships in Belgium for International Students 2022
- The applicant applies to take up a master’s degree programme at a Flemish higher education institution.
- The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential:
- The student has a good knowledge of the English language:
- An overall minimum band score of 7.0 on the IELTS test
- A minimum total score of 94 on a TOEFL test
- A C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference
- Or a similar result in another official language test (recognized by the host institution)
- Online language tests of IELTS and TOEFL will also be accepted:
- Students who apply for a master’s programme at a school of arts have at least:
- An overall band score of minimum 6.5 on the IELTS test
- A minimum total score of 90 on the TOEFL test
- A B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference
- Or a similar result in another official English language test (recognized by the host institution)
- Online language tests of IELTS and TOEFL will also be accepted:
- The host institution also performs an academic check of the student’s file. The student has to be accepted by the host institution in order to receive the scholarship. This criterion applies even if the host institution’s decision to accept the student is taken after the selection for the Master Mind Scholarship programme.
- The applicant can be nominated by only one Flemish higher education institution. If the applicant is preselected by more than one Flemish higher education institution, he/she has to choose one Flemish higher education institution to submit his/her application into the Mobility Online tool.
- All nationalities can apply. The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders. International students who have been on credit mobility in a hosting Flemish higher education institution are still eligible for a Master Mind Scholarship.
- Students who are already enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution cannot apply. The only exception is made for international students who, at the moment of their application in Spring 2022, are already enrolled in a specific preparatory programme in order to start a master’s programme in September 2022.
- Students who enrol for the following programmes for the academic year 2022-2023 are not eligible for the Master Mind Scholarship:
- Preparatory programmes
- Bridging programmes
- Distance learning
- Student mobility to partner institutions outside Flanders and Brussels during the master’s programme is allowed. However, at least half of the study credits of the master’s programme must be obtained at the Flemish host institution.
How to Apply for Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships for International Students 2022/2023
- STEP 1 Check if you are eligible to apply and if the Flemish institution of your choice participates in the Master Mind Scholarships
- STEP 2 Submit your application to the host institution
- STEP 3 The host institution preselects the eligible applications
- STEP 4 The host institution starts the application procedure for the Master Mind Scholarship by creating your application file in the Mobility-Online application tool
- STEP 5 You receive an email generated by the Mobility-Online tool notifying you of being preselected for a Master Mind Scholarship
- STEP 6 You register in the Mobility-Online tool and complete your application file in the Mobility-Online tool before the deadline. Documents to be uploaded:
- Passport photo
- International passport or national ID
- A Curriculum Vitae (including your American GPA out of 4.0 and if applicable your publications, academic awards, previous scholarships, etc.)
https://www.scholaro.com/gpa-calculator/ (see annex: How to calculate your American GPA)
- Transcript of records; if written in a language other than Dutch, French, German or English, a certified translation must be enclosed.
- English language test results or letter of exemption provided by the host university
- Letter of motivation written in English
- Two signed letters of recommendation from professors of your (previous) home university, university of applied sciences (and arts) or recent employer written in English.
- Copy of acquired diploma(s); if written in a language other than Dutch, French, German or English, a certified translation must be enclosed.
- STEP 7 The host institution validates and submits the completed application file in the Mobility-Online tool before the deadline of midnight on April 29, 2022 GMT+1. Validated applications submitted after midnight on April 29, 2022 GMT+1 will not be accepted.
When is the Master Mind Scholarship 2022 Application Deadline?
- Applications are now open.
- The deadline of these scholarship is on midnight of April 29, 2022 GMT
Now It’s Your Turn
Now I’d like to hear from you:
Are you going to apply for Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships for International Students 2022 Right Away?
Or maybe you’re ready to start searching for other financial aid.
Either way, leave a comment below right now.