Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program 2022/2023 application process has commenced. In this page, we will explain in detail this scholarship program, its benefits, essay, Faq, and the step-by-step application process.
RSMFP has provided support to young researchers on a wide variety of topics in development-related fields. Currently, the program connects promising young researchers to World Bank research, data resources, and technical expertise.
Selected fellows are hosted as a cohort at the World Bank in Washington D.C. and work on DEC research projects, receiving formal training and participating in policy-relevant research.
By working with World Bank DEC researchers and their external academic collaborators from top universities, fellows will learn current research standards, acquire new econometric skills, and network with leading researchers in their field.
They will have a unique opportunity to participate in rigorous policy-relevant research and widen their perspective on potential development questions, and how their research can address challenges in the developing world.
The 2021 RSMFP selection process is now complete. Applications for the 2022 cohort will open in March 2022.
Key Program Features
Professional experience: Fellows will work on World Bank projects under the direct supervision of World Bank DEC researchers and will be offered training on cutting-edge research practices and technologies and engage with the World Bank operations. Depending on the nature of projects, they will have the opportunity to contribute to DEC’s published work and potentially co-author with DEC researchers, join field missions, and directly engage with our clients.
Capacity building: Fellows will receive a one-week technical onboarding at the start of the program, including training on reproducible research practices. Throughout the program, fellows will participate in periodic continuing education trainings and events, to further build skills. Through their work with DEC economists, fellows will enhance their ability to identify, study, and write about important development policy questions.
Research dissemination: Fellows will be invited to write a blog based on their fellowship research with the DEC researchers. This is an opportunity to showcase research and contribution to development policy discussions. Each year, the top 4 blogs will be published on DEC’s Let’s Talk Development blog.
Compensation & Benefits
The RSMFP offers a competitive compensation, totaling $42,750 net of income taxes per fellow for an 8-month fellowship (paid in monthly installments). Since the fellows will be hosted at the World Bank in Washington D.C., the World Bank’s HR Operations unit will assist the selected candidates with their application for G4 visa.
Note: The fellowship does not cover travel expenses.
The RSMFP was established in 1982 by a resolution of the Executive Directors to award fellowships to young researchers to study in the fields related to economic development. Funding for the program was initially provided by the Governments of Bangladesh, China, India, Kuwait, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru and former Yugoslavia. This year, through a collaboration with the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP), the Government of Japan is supporting a two-year pilot initiative providing financing for fellows from the pool of the recent graduates of the JJ/WBGSP to compete for a fellowship opportunity with RSMFP.
The RSMFP governance includes a Steering Committee, Selection Committee and a Secretariat. The Steering Committee, comprised of representatives from the World Bank Executive Director offices of the donor countries, meets annually to review progress. The Selection Committee, comprised of World Bank DEC directors from the research and impact evaluation departments, makes selection decisions based on the selection criteria and fellowships development objectives. The Secretariat supports the Selection Committee in all of its work and manages day-to-day operations, prepares policies and procedures, oversees onboarding, and manages development partner relations.
- Florentina Mulaj, Program Manager
- Leora Klapper, Lead Economist
- Maria Ruth Jones, Survey Specialist
- Luiza Andrade, Junior Data Scientist
For general inquiries, contact us at [email protected]
CHECK OUT THESE SCHOLARSHIPS
- Milton Fisher Scholarship
- Fully Funded Masters Scholarships in USA
- Fully Funded Undergraduate Scholarships in USA
- The Cameron Impact Scholarship
- Auburn University Scholarships for International Students
- La Roche University Scholarships
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowships
- commonwealth shared scholarship
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships
Robert S. McNamara Scholarship 2022 Full Details
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): World Bank
- Study in: Any Country
- Courses Offered: Applicants will have the option to select in the application whether they would like to be hosted by the Development research department or the Impact evaluation department in the World Bank’s Development Economics Vice Presidency (DEC).
- Deadline: April 30, 2022
Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Benefits
Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program provides the recipient with:
- Totaling $42,750 net per fellow for an 8-month fellowship (paid in monthly installments)
- Since the fellows will be hosted at the World Bank in Washington D.C., the World Bank’s HR will assist the selected candidates with visa applications by providing invitation letters.
Note: This fellowship does not cover visa application costs, travel expenses, or any other expenses to bring and/or support fellow family members.
Eligibility Criteria for Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: Nationals of World Bank WBG member countries, with preference to nationals of developing countries
- Graduates of MA level studies or currently pursuing a PhD in Economics or a related field;
- No more than 35 years of age (by June 30th of the year the fellowship starts);
- Available to relocate to Washington, D.C. for the duration of the fellowship.
How to Apply for Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program 2022/2023
Applying for the ongoing Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program 2022/2023, ensure you have read all the presented requirements. and be sure you fit in.
- Click here to visit the Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program 2022/2023 Application Portal.
- Next, click here to visit our USA Scholarships Application Portal.
- Select your choice for Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program Openings,
- Read the requirements,
- Next, apply for any of the Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program 2022 openings.
- Click here and add your email, to get Latest Scholarships updates.
When is the Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program 2022/2023 Application Deadline?
The application deadlines for Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program are as follows:
- The application deadline is April 30, 2022.
Kindly add your email to get Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students in USA Updates.
Now It’s Your Turn
Now I’d like to hear from you:
Are you going to apply for the Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program 2022/2023 Right Away?
Or maybe you’re ready to start searching for other financial aid.
Either way, leave a comment below right now.