Do you wish to pursue an education in the UK? We are glad to inform you that the University of Strathclyde Childcare Funding is currently an ongoing application. In this article, we will discuss more about the scholarship, its worth, eligibility, and application process.
University of Strathclyde Childcare Funding is offered for Bachelors and Master’s degrees in the field of Courses offered at the university. The University is a public research university based in Glasgow, Scotland. It was established in 1796 as the Andersonian Institute, it is also Glasgow’s second-oldest university, having received its royal charter in 1964 as the first technological university in the United Kingdom.
The university is Scotland’s third-largest university by a number of students, with students and staff from more than 100 countries. The University of Strathclyde was named University of the Year 2012 by Times Higher Education and again in 2019, it became the first university to receive this award twice.
The University of Strathclyde is one of the 39 old universities in the UK comprising the different second cluster of elite universities after Oxbridge. The university is particularly famous for engineering (having various engineering departments under the Faculty of Engineering), political science, business management, finance and accounting, law, and architecture.
The university is highly rated among the top 10 in the UK in different subjects, according to the Complete University Guide 2019. The University of Strathclyde is rated among the top ten universities in Britain in the subject of Politics, according to the Complete University Guide 2022.
In 2013, QS World University Ranking rated the university among 101-150 best global universities in politics and international relations. In 2020, ARWU rated the University of Strathclyde in the 101-150 best Political Science universities.
However, since ARWU started to publish a separate subject ranking on Public Administration, the university has constantly rated internationally among 76-100 best universities in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
The University of Strathclyde also rated second in 2019 on social policy and administration in the national ranking according to The Guardian. QS World University Ranking rated the university among 51-100 best universities in business management.
The University Master’s programs ranked 36th place globally in marketing, 51st place globally in business analysis and 55th globally in management, according to QS World University Ranking in 2020. According to Times Higher Education, the University of Strathclyde was rated 76th best in law globally among universities in 2018. The University of Strathclyde is a 5-star QS-ranked university.
The University of Strathclyde has become part of the new ESRC Enterprise Research Centre, a £2.9 million venture generating world-class research to help improve growth for small and medium-sized enterprises.
In addition, there are about 15,000 undergraduate students out of which almost 4,000 are mature students who began their studies after gaining experience in the workplace, and almost 16% are overseas students from over 100 countries around the globe.
- Trinity University Student Scholarships for International Students in USA for 2022/2023
- University of Otago Doctoral Scholarships New Zealand for 2022
- Special Health Research International Scholarships at University of Otago New Zealand for 2022
Worth of University of Strathclyde Childcare Funding
Childcare funding awards are in the form of a grant and are paid to a childcare provider and are also in addition to any other funding a student gets.
Eligibility for University of Strathclyde Childcare Funding
- Applicants must be qualified for University of Strathclyde Childcare Funding under the residency rules set out in part 2 of schedule 3 the Education (Access Funds) (Scotland) (No.2) Determination 2016. So if you meet the residency qualification to receive a student loan for living costs from SAAS you should meet the requirement for the Childcare Fund.
- Full-time qualified students attending University will be able to apply for help with registered childcare costs from the Childcare Fund. However, children must be under 15, or under 17 if they have special educational need.
- To be eligible for University of Strathclyde Childcare Funding, you must be attending a qualified full-time course of study, as defined by SAAS. This includes Postgraduate courses that is eligible for tuition fee loan funding from SAAS.
How to Apply for University of Strathclyde Childcare Funding
- To apply for University of Strathclyde Childcare Funding, you must complete the application form and your childcare providers’ complete Annex A explaining what childcare they have been asked to provide and the cost.
- You can now submit the application form, Annex A and supporting documents by email to [email protected]. Please note that incomplete applications or applications missing the supporting documents we have asked for will be delayed.
Application Deadline for University of Strathclyde Childcare Funding
The application deadline for the University of Strathclyde Childcare Funding is May 30, 2022.
Official Website: Click here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here