Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships 2022/2023 application process has commenced. In this page, we will explain in detail this scholarship program, its benefits, and the step-by-step application process.
The Aga Khan Foundation provides a limited number of scholarships each year for postgraduate studies to outstanding students from select developing countries who have no other means of financing their studies, in order to develop effective scholars and leaders and to prepare them for employment, primarily within the AKDN.
Scholarships are awarded on a 50% grant : 50% loan basis through a competitive application process once a year in June or July. The Foundation gives priority to requests for Master’s level courses but is willing to consider applications for PhD programmes, only in the case of outstanding students who are highly recommended for doctoral studies by their professors and who need a PhD for the fulfillment of their career objectives (academic or research-oriented).
Applications for short-term courses are not considered; neither are applications from students who have already started their course of study.
The 2022-23 International Scholarship Programme application cycle is open from 1 January 2022 to 31 March 2022. During this time period, application forms can be obtained from the Aga Khan Foundation or Aga Khan Education Board/Service office in the applicant’s country of current residence. Applicants must be nationals residing in of one of the countries listed below (see Eligibility – Geographic Scope).
NOTE: For the 2022-23 application cycle, the Foundation will not accept applications from students planning to attend universities in UK, Germany, Sweden, Austria, Denmark, The Netherlands, Italy, Norway and Ireland.
CHECK OUT THESE SCHOLARSHIPS
- Milton Fisher Scholarship
- Fully Funded Masters Scholarships in USA
- Fully Funded Undergraduate Scholarships in USA
- The Cameron Impact Scholarship
- Auburn University Scholarships for International Students
- La Roche University Scholarships
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowships
- commonwealth shared scholarship
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships
- Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program
Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships 2022 Full Details
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Aga Khan Foundation
- Study in: Any highly reputable university except universities in UK, Germany, Sweden, Austria, Denmark, The Netherlands, Italy, Norway and Ireland
- Program Period: According to chosen university
- Deadline: March 31, 2022
- Rural development
- Institution building
- Economic development
- Agriculture and food security
- Civil society
- Enterprise development
- Financial inclusion
- Historic cities
- Humanitarian assistance
- Industrial development
- Infrastructure development
- Tourism promotion
List of scholarship links may be helpful.
Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Programme Benefits
Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarships provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- The Foundation assists students with tuition fees and living expenses only.
- Funding for PhD programs is only provided for the first two years of study, after which the students are expected to find alternative sources of assistance.
- Financial assistance is provided according to the needs of students.
- Applicants are requested to make every effort to obtain funding from other sources as well, so that the amount requested from the Foundation can be reduced to a minimum.
- Preference is given to those who have been able to secure some funding from alternative sources.
Half of the scholarship amount is considered as a loan, which must be reimbursed with an annual service charge of 5%. A guarantor is required to co-sign the loan agreement. The payback period is five years, starting six months after the study period funded by the Aga Khan Foundation.
Eligibility Criteria for Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships
To qualify for Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarships, candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: As per chosen institute requirement.
- Eligible Countries: The Foundation accepts applications from nationals of the following countries: Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Syria, Egypt, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Madagascar and Mozambique. In France, Portugal, UK, USA and Canada, applications are accepted from those who are originally from one of the above developing countries, are interested in development-related studies and who have no other means of financing their education.
- Consistently excellent academic records.
- Genuine financial need.
- Admission to a highly reputable university or program of study.
- Relevance of the field of study to AKDN’s focus areas.
- Demonstrating thoughtful and coherent educational and career plans,
- Their extra-curricular interests and achievements, potential to achieve their goals and likelihood to succeed in a foreign academic environment.
- Applicants are expected to have some years of work experience in their field of interest.
- Preferences are given to students under 30 years of age.
How to Apply for Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarships 2022
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarships:
- You should have an offer to study at the chosen university.
- Obtain an application form from AKF offices or Aga Khan Education Services / Boards in the country of your current residence.
- Send the completed application to the agency from which it was obtained. They should not be sent to Geneva.
When is the Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships Application Deadline?
The deadline for submission of entire completed applications is 31 March, although in certain countries internal deadlines may be earlier in order to process and review applications.
Applicants are advised to contact their local offices for internal deadline dates and requirements as these may vary from country to country. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
|Country Offices||Internal Deadlines|
|Aga Khan Foundation (Bangladesh)||Deadline for submitting pre-application forms:|
6th March, 2022 Deadline for submitting completed applications:
31st March, 2022
|Aga Khan Foundation (India)||Deadline for application distribution:|
14th March, 2022 (7:00 pm IST) Deadline for submitting completed applications:
21st March, 2022 (5:00 pm IST)
|Aga Khan Foundation (Pakistan)|
Aga Khan Education Services (Pakistan)
|Deadline for submitting pre-application forms:|
16th March, 2022 Deadline for submitting completed applications:
31st March, 2022
|Aga Khan Foundation (Portugal)||Deadline for submitting completed applications:|
28th March, 2022
Kindly add your email to get Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students in USA Updates.
Now It’s Your Turn
Now I’d like to hear from you:
Are you going to apply for the Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships 2022/2023 Right Away?
Or maybe you’re ready to start searching for other financial aid.
Either way, leave a comment below right now.