Welcome to our Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship page. Do you wish to apply for ADB-JSP Scholarships in 2022?
ADB-JSP scholarships are awarded at designated institutions (DIs) in the Asia and Pacific region for studies in economics, business and management, science and technology, and other development-related fields.
- Royal Thai Government Scholarships
- How to Get a Free Canada Visa and Work Permit for International Students
- How To Improve Your Odds Of Being Awarded Sports/Athletic Financial Aid In The United States
- The GRE As Well As Graduate Studies Abroad
- Top 50 USA Scholarships for International Students
- Humphrey Fellowship Program 2022 Application Portal
- World Bank Scholarships Program 2022 Application Portal
- Cincinnati International Outreach Scholarship 2022 Application Process
- International Scholarship Student Competition 2022
- Berea College Scholarships 2022 Apply Now
- Duke Merit Scholarship Programs 2022 Apply Now
- Foreign Fulbright Student Program 2022 Application Portal
- Clark University Scholarships 2022 Application Portal
- Colby-Sawyer College Scholarships 2021 Application Portal
- Fletcher Scholarships 2022 Apply Now
- Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Programme
- Microsoft Research Graduate Women’s Scholarship Program 2022 Application Portal
- Harvard Business School Scholarships 2022 Application Portal
- Borlaug Fellowship Program 2022 Application Portal
- Campbell Fellowship for Women Scholar-Practitioners from Developing Nations
- African Palliative Care Nursing Scholarships 2022 for Nurses and Social Workers
- Columbia College Scholarships 2022 Application Portal
- Frank Lanza Memorial Scholarship in Nursing & Emergency Medical Service
- AAHPM Scholarship in the USA for Physicians from Developing Countries
- Immigration Journalism Fellowship in the USA for International Students
- EDSF Scholarship for full-time students in Document Management and Graphic Communications
- SPE Foundation Gus Archie Scholarship 2022 Application Portal
- Google Lime Scholarship 2022 Application Portal
- Google Europe Anita Borg Memorial Scholarships (female students only)
- Dartmouth College Scholarships 2022 Application Portal
- East Tennessee State University International Student Scholarships 2022 Application Portal
- American University Merit Scholarships 2022 Application Portal
- 5 Fantastic Tips For Exactly How To Stabilize Your Job As Well As Study
- These Examinations Can Aid Your Study Abroad Hope for Truth
- FAFSA And Also Learning Abroad: What American Trainees Needed To Know
- 3 Myths Concerning Researching Between East
- How to Write Your Motivation Letter For Research Studies Abroad
- 5 Eco-Friendly Colleges
- The GRE As Well As Graduate Studies Abroad
- Why Research Study Engineering Abroad?
- 1 A. Eligibility
- 2 B. Selection Criteria
- 3 C. Procedures for Applying:
- 4 D. Coverage
- 5 E. Policies and Procedures
- 6 Guidelines
- 7 How to Apply AIT Scholarships 2022
- Nationals of an ADB borrowing member country (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship)
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional work experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- No more than 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs that are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
- In good health.
- Should agree to return to his/her home county after completion of studies under the Program.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Staff at AIT are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for the scholarships.
- ADB-JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
B. Selection Criteria
- Priority to the ranking, or order of merit, proposed by AIT.
- Applicants with less than two years of work experience will not be selected.
- Preference to women candidates.
- Preference to applicants with lesser financial capacity. Family income should be not more than USD 50,000 per year and individual income should not be more than USD 25,000 per year.
- The Program will, in principle, not support applicants who have previously studied abroad.
- The Program will, in principle, not support applicants who are pursuing a second MA.
- Candidates who are applying at Designated Institute (DI) in their own country may not be selected.
- Diversification of nationality in the overall Program as well as at each DI level will be considered.
- The Program encourages studies in line with core areas of ADB’s Strategy 2020, which address poverty reduction through infrastructure, environment, regional cooperation and integration, finance sector development, and education. Strategy 2020, ADB’s strategy, sets ADB’s strategic course for its operations to the year 2020.
For more details, please refer to this LINK
The following documents are required
- Copy of Degree Certificate and Transcript of 4 years of undergraduate degree program
- Have English proficiency score as required by AIT Language Center(IELTS-Academic: 6 (writing and overall) or AIT EET ≥ 6.0, TOEFL ≥ 550).
- Work certificate provided b the employer.
- Income statement. If married, please submit the spouse income statement; otherwise, parent income statement
- ADB-JSP Information sheet.
C. Procedures for Applying:
- Applicants should request information and application forms from the chosen DI (e.g. AIT). Applicants are encouraged to access various resources, including the DI’s website & handbooks, and DI information sessions held in-country, to assist them in making an informed decision on the DI and course they wish to undertake.
- Applicants should indicate to AIT that they are applying for admission and that they would like to be considered for the ADB-JSP Scholarship. The completed DI application form and required documentation, including the ADB-JSP Information Sheet form, should be submitted to AIT. Applicants must ensure that they submit accurate and complete documentation. Failure to do so may result in an application not being processed or to an award being terminated if documentation or information provided is later determined to be false. Applicants are required to submit their latest Income Tax Return or Certification of their Annual Salary/Monthly Salary, whichever is available. They should also submit a Certification of Family Income (Parent’s Income/Spouse if married).
- AIT will screen and rank the applicants, based on its own selection criteria, keeping in view the eligibility requirements and selection criteria of the ADB. In the evaluation process, AIT may contact the candidates for further information. AIT will then submit its ranked list of applicants to ADB, including a description of the score/grading system which is the basis for the ranking.
- ADB will review the submission from AIT and recommend awardees based on the selection criteria of ADB to the Executive Director of Japan for formal approval.
- Upon approval by the Executive Director of Japan, ADB will advise AIT on the successful candidates.
- AIT will inform all applicants of the outcome of the selection process and begin to make arrangements for the awardees take up their scholarships.
- AIT will arrange for the signing of the Acceptance of Scholarship Award by awardee wherein the scholars agree that after completion of their study, they will return to their home country.
- ADB will send an appropriate congratulatory letter to each scholar.
- Tuition fees (actual costs)
- Housing (based on actual cost of dormitory housing or a reasonable allowance for appropriate off campus housing—to be agreed upon between each DI and ADB).
- Subsistence Allowance including housing allowance (a flat allowance to be agreed upon between each DI and ADB).
- Student Medical and accident insurance (flat allowance).
- Books (a flat allowance to be agreed upon between each DI and ADB).
- Economy class air travel at most direct route to and from the DI and the awardee’s home country (actual costs).
- Miscellaneous expenses related to travel such as visa fees, airport taxes, luggage allowance, etc. (a flat allowance).
- Excess luggage up to 20 kgs may be financed during return travel to the home country (actual costs).
- Thesis/Research Allowance is intended to cover the scholar’s research expenditures and can be used for such expenditure items as photocopying, school supplies, typing and computer charges, postage, communications, binding charges, local travel costs and accommodation for out-of-town trips. (a flat allowance)
- Scholars are expected to have sufficient skills in language and computer to undertake their study program. However, in special cases where additional training is deemed necessary, expenditures incurred to improve language proficiency and computer literacy may be covered under the scholarship (actual costs).
- The ADB-JSP does not cover: expenses for the scholar family; extra-curricular courses or training; additional travel during the course of study program; additional expenses related to supplementary educational materials, field trips, or participation in workshops, seminars, or internships while at the DI or purchase of educational equipment such as computers.
E. Policies and Procedures
- The ADB-JSP Scholarship is for the scholar only and does not cover expenses for the scholar’s dependents.
- DIs are encouraged to provide tuition fee discounts to outstanding scholars, as agreed with ADB.
- Preparatory/bridging courses, such as English proficiency or computer literacy courses, can be funded by ADB-JSP. These courses should be undertaken within AIT.
- Expenses relating to activities not directly related to the pursuit of the degree, such as attendance in a conference and other similar activities, are not financed under the ADB-JSP.
- Subsistence allowances are normally given to the scholars at the beginning of each month. However, AIT may disburse allowances according to their practice.
- For expenses related to air travels, AIT should provide ADB with a copy of the scholars’ air tickets from their home countries to AIT. Return travel is paid upon successful completion of studies.
- An establishment allowance may be provided to new scholars to help with initial costs of setting up their temporary home at AIT. This is paid only once at the start of the scholarship (a flat allowance).
- The ADB-JSP scholarship only supplements, and does not duplicate, any other source of financial support/fellowship the scholar might have. Scholars must inform the ADB-JSP if they have other sources of scholarships funds. The ADB-JSP stipend maybe withdrawn completely or partially if during the scholarship period the program has evidence of additional sources of support.
For more details on ADB-JSP please visit this LINK
Terms of Awards
Scholarships are for a period of one to two years and are awarded at designated institutions (DIs) in the Asia and Pacific region. Studies in economics, business and management, science and technology and other development-related fields are eligible. The maximum duration of the scholarship award is two years for the MA, MS, & MBA Program.
Remarks: Government of Japan has made clear that it would support only up to 2 years, consistent with similar assistance that it is coursing through other international development institutions.
A. Renewal of Scholarships
- The initial scholarship period is one year. An appropriate extension for the second year of study shall be conditional on the scholar’s maintaining a satisfactory level of performance as determined by AIT.
- Extension of scholarships will not be allowed, in principle, beyond the two-year period.
- Scholarships maybe suspended for a maximum of twelve months or two semesters, if deemed necessary for valid reasons such as health or family reasons.
- The total number of scholarship awards is reviewed and set yearly by ADB. Within the total number of scholars, ADB will approve new scholars based upon the recommendation of AIT when incumbent scholars complete studies or withdraw their scholarships.
B. Deferment of Awards
- Deferment of awards may be granted for up to a maximum of six months or one semester, at the discretion of AIT. AIT should submit the request for deferral to the ADB. Deferrals maybe approve for valid reasons, including pregnancy, unresolved family issues, or failure to obtain a visa. If a student cannot take up the offer within one year after the year for which it is awarded, he/she has to reapply for the scholarship.
C. Replacement of Dropouts
- Replacement of scholars who have dropped from the Program is not allowed during the academic year.
D. Transfer of Scholarships
- A transfer from one course of study to another, or to another institution, is not allowed.
E. Special Conditions
- In accepting the ADB-JSP scholarship, scholars should commit themselves to return to, and work in their home countries for a period of at least 2 years after completion of their studies.
- In accepting the ADB-JSP scholarship, scholars consent to the employment restriction policy of the ADB-JSP and acknowledge that they will not be able to work at ADB for two years after completion of their academic programs.
F. Termination of Scholarships
- Scholarships maybe terminated upon the recommendation of AIT, at any time, for failure to make satisfactory academic progress, failure to comply with the laws of the host country, Thailand, misconduct, or breaches of the conditions of the ADB-JSP or the student visa.
Deadline for Fall semester(August 2022 intake): 31 March 2022.
How to Apply AIT Scholarships 2022
- Login to the Application Portal: https://admission.ait.ac.th/aoas/Applicant/FirstPage.aspx to complete your online form.
- Second, upload your credentials (as it required in the site) including your most recent passport photograph.
- Submit your application.
Do you think this post can be helpful to somebody else? Then, why not share it on Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp, or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below for the activity.
However, should you have any questions about scholarships, Please, Feel Free to let us know in the comment box.