The organization now seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community HTS Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Prevention Coordinator
- To render quality counselling and psychosocial support to clients. Refer clients for appropriate additional psychosocial and clinical support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide HIV Testing Services to all clients willing to conduct HIV test.
- Participates in the coordination of community outreaches and campaigns.
- Support the linkage of clients newly diagnosed with HIV to care, support and treatment and HIV negative clients to appropriate HIV prevention services.
- Keep comprehensive directory of facilities offering ART and other related prevention services.
- Provide support to decentralized HTS points to provide quality services.
- Provide support (where needed) in ensuring a coordinated inventory management and ensure supply of RTKs and consumables to HTS sites.
- Ensure HTS data collection and reporting tools are available and are regularly updated to always ensure completeness
Adherence Counselling duties:
- Collaborate with other health care professionals (doctor, nurse, social worker, community health care worker, home-based caregiver, psychologist.) in maintaining treatment protocol.
- Counsel and refer patients and family on disease prevention and staying healthy.
- Support adherence counselling for patients on HIV treatment and document the session outcomes in the counselling form.
- Provide ongoing psychosocial counselling and other form of support to PLHIV.
- Provide support for activities of PLHIV support groups in the community and contribute to tracking lost to follow up cases.
Treatment literacy and general duties:
- Support the conduct of treatment literacy sessions for patients prior to ART initiation and provide them with the clinical and laboratory goals of ARV’s.
- Identify clients who are defaulting and furnish team with relevant information for intervention.
- Communicate weekly updates to supervisor by noting challenges encountered with recommendations and planning for the next weeks’ activities.
- Prepare monthly report on services rendered for submission to supervisor.
- Participate in team de-briefing sessions.
- Enter client visit details into the relevant psychosocial register.
- Any other tasks that may be assigned
Education and Experience
- Diploma in Psychology, Sociology, and other related discipline
- Certificate for AIDS Treatment Training
- Certificate for Counseling Skills Training
- Degree or diploma in child and youth development would be an advantage
- HTS and adherence counseling experience is an added advantage
- Must be proficient in MS Office.
Application Closing Date
11th October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (CV and Cover Letter as one document) to: [email protected] using the Job Title and the Location you are applying for as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Also, your application document must be saved in your full name preferably in MS word or PDF format.
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
|Job Category||Assistant Jobs in Nigeria, coordinator|