The organization now seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the following regular full-time position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Scientist
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Lab Services Manager/ State Clinical Coordinator
No of vacancy: 1
- Provide laboratory support to AHF supported sites and monitor adherence to standard laboratory protocols and guidelines. Involved in training, support supervision, mentorship, and team building exercises for laboratory staff.
- Directly supervises laboratory technicians and other lab personnel on routine lab assays, demonstrates experience in viral load sample management, automated and semi-automated equipment handling and use (running the Cyflow for CD4+, Chemistry and Hematology machines). Ensures quality management system in the lab and implementation of laboratory services in line with approved QC/QA protocols at supported healthcare centers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides routine and basic laboratory services for PLHIV attending the health facilities as required.
- Supports laboratory services provision, ensures standard, and current practices are in place for maintaining high quality laboratory services including calibration, standardization, and maintenance of automated or semi-automated instruments following established procedures.
- Participate in EQA and proficiency testing activities
- Support in ensuring compliance and implementation of laboratory protocols for all lab technicians and assistance involved with the lab function, including maximizing the use of available resources.
- Coordinates with all laboratory vendors (external contractors) and supported sites to ensure that the process of handling patient samples and delivery of results is efficient and effective.
- Participates in the development and replication of the AHF Nigeria laboratory protocols and practices at all affiliated healthcare centers.
- Validates and reports, results of assays performed, delivers patients reports according to times indicated in policy and collection manual and ensuring strict adherence to safety procedures.
- Participates in identifying training needs, capacity building, mentorship and team building exercises for laboratory staff.
- Participates in inventory control management for laboratory supplies and reagents under AHF Nigeria for all supported sites.
- Ensures the compilation of monthly laboratory inventory at the supported Healthcare Centers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- BMLS, AMLSCN.
- Experience with handling fully or semi-automated machines a must.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a similar position.
- Must poses a valid license to practice as a medical laboratory scientist.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Duly registered with the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria and hold a current annual practicing license.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to travel 30-50% of the time.
- Sensitive to ethics and confidentiality of HIV/AIDS client issues.
- Possess current knowledge of best practices in HIV/AIDS laboratory management,
- Ability to prepare reports, provide team leadership and guidance.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in computer operations.
Application Closing Date
11th October, 2022 (5pm).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (CV and Cover Letter as one document) to: [email protected] using the Job Title and the Location you are applying for as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Also, your application document must be saved in your full name preferably in MS word or PDF format.
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Laboratory Scientist Jobs in Nigeria