The National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI) was established in 1992 by the Federal Government after the recommendations of the White Paper Committee on the 1991 Report of a 150 member National Committee on Engineering Infrastructure comprising Scientists, Engineers, Administrators, Federal and State Civil Servants, Economists, Lawyers, Bankers and Industrialists.
The mandate of NASENI is specifically in the area of Capital goods, research, production and reverse engineering. NASENI, by its mandate and scope of operation is the Nigerian only purpose built Agency designed to conduct developmental work in the areas of manufacturing and as such, it is capable of coordinating the proliferation of technologies developed either within or outside of its Centers including patents obtained. Technologies developed in the areas of spares, components and systems engineering are to be transferred to Entrepreneurs for the production of goods and services.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below for NASENI’s Research and Development (R&D) Institute:
Job Title: Managing Director, Solid Minerals Machinery and Equipment Development Institute (SOMMEDI) – CONRAISS 15
Institute: Solid Minerals Machinery and Equipment Development Institute (SOMMEDI)
Tenure: 4 Years Renewable
Mandate of The Institute
The mandate of Solid Minerals Machinery and Equipment Development Institute (SOMMEDI) Nasarawa is in the area of design, development, fabrication and mass production of Solid Minerals mining and processing machineries and equipment towards creation of an enabling environment for sustainable industrial growth of Nigeria’s mining and solid minerals sector and to transfer developed technologies to manufacturers, mining operators, mineral processors and SMEs for mass production and commercialization.
- Successful candidates will be responsible for coordination and supervision of research for the development of equipment, systems, and processes for the conversion of raw and semi-processed materials for value addition and various types of application.
- He will be responsible for establishment, operation and management of metallurgical, minerals and materials processing laboratories.
- The Managing Director will lead collaborations with relevant government ministries and agencies in the design, research and development of programmes and projects.
- He is responsible for management of a repository of information on solid minerals, mining and processing technologies developed within and outside the NASENI system and dissemination of same to relevant researchers, organizations and industries.
- He reports directly to the Executive Vice Chairman/Chief Executive of NPSENI.
- He is accountable for the day-to-day running of the Institute; he manages resources the institute to optimal profit and performance.
- Candidate must possess a Ph.D. in the field of Mineralogy, Mineral Processing, Minerals Resources Engineering, Mining Engineering, Materials Science, Materials and Metallurgical Engineering, or other relevant fields.
- Candidates must be registered with COREN and produce evidence of membership of other relevant professional bodies.
- Scholarly publications in peer-reviewed journals is a requirement.
- Post-graduation experience in any of the fields of Mineralogy, Materials Science, Materials and Metallurgical Engineering, or other relevant fields, is required.
- Sound working knowledge of materials processing, processing machineries and technologies is also required.
- Candidates must possess relevant Ph.D. Degrees appropriate to the mandate of the institutes.
- Minimum of 15 years post-qualification (post first degree) experience in technical fields, and requisite experience at management level is a mandatory requirement.
- Candidates must possess knowledge in the new and emerging areas of science and technology, including CNC and CAD/CAM.
- Candidates must demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Candidates must demonstrate capacity for Research and Development (R&D).
- Candidate should possess the ability to develop/implement prospective vision for the institute, establish strategic goals, liaise with the private sector and other local and international research and technology-based organizations.
- Senior executives in the Engineering/Science Infrastructure operation of NASENI, who meet the conditions herein are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates without factory/industrial experience need not apply.
- Candidates must not be more than fifty-five (55) years of age by October 2022.
- Ownership of productive patents would be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
9th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to forward their Applications with Fifteen (15) copies of their up-to-date CV. This include among others:
- Educational / Professional Qualifications with Dates
- Relevant Job Experience
- Present Salary and Emolument
- Confidential Report from three Referees addressed directly to “The Executive Vice Chairman / Chief Executive.
- Contact address with Telephone Numbers and Email Addresses.
All Applications should be sent in one envelope with the name of the Institute marked at the Top Left Hand Corner and addressed to:
The Executive Vice Chairman / Chief Executive,
National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI),
Idu Industrial Area,
PMB 391, Garki,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Job Category||Director / Associate Partner Jobs in Nigeria|