The Newman University Sanctuary Scholarship 2022 in the UK – The application has commenced. See information about eligibility, fees, values, selection criteria, deadlines, and how to apply online via the application portal/website. GET MORE UK SCHOLARSHIPS.
Newman University Sanctuary Scholarship 2022-2023 is a partially-funded scholarship for undergraduate students. This scholarship covers accommodation, Tuition Fee Waiver, travel support, and personal support.
Newman is a different kind of university; we’re driven by the belief that higher education should enable us to develop new ways of understanding the world, and help make a positive impact within it. Our students become independent thinkers with ambition, empathy, and a lifelong love for learning.
Applications are now open.
CHECK OUT THESE SCHOLARSHIPS
- Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program for African Students
- St Andrews Sanctuary Scholarship
- University of York Vice-Chancellors Scholarships
- University of Leicester Scholarships
- Asylum Seekers Sanctuary Scholarship
- University of St Andrews EU Scholarships
- A Tuition Fee Waiver: The fee waiver will not usually extend to repeat years of study and is offered until such time as you are awarded status that entitles you to access statutory student support.
- Study and Travel Support: The Sanctuary Scholarship includes an annual bursary of £1200 per year to assist with study and travel expenses. The bursary is not means‐tested and is paid in two instalments (one per semester). The bursary will not usually be paid for repeat years of study.
- Personal Support: Support will be developed for each student to enable them to identify and overcome any potential barriers to achievement on their degree course.
- For applicants who do not live within a commutable distance of Newman University, consideration will be given to providing campus accommodation free of charge.
Students should only apply if they are able to support these costs themselves for the full duration of their university course.
Eligibility Criteria for Newman University Sanctuary Scholarship
Applicants must be:
- An asylum seeker / forced migrant or the partner/dependent of an asylum seeker / forced migrant; OR
- An asylum seeker/partner/dependent who has been granted Discretionary Leave to Remain (DLR) or some other form of temporary status. Your temporary status must however cover the duration of your intended period of study.
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a full-time undergraduate place to study at Newman University
- Have applied for asylum in the UK before applying to UCAS / directly to Newman University
- Currently attending a school, college, community or voluntary group which can provide a reference in support of your application
- Unable to access statutory student support because of your asylum or forced migrant status, or a dependent’s status.
Please note: Spouses/civil partners must have been the spouse/civil partner on the date which the asylum application was made. Children/step-children must be aged under 18 on the date on which the asylum application was made.
How to Apply for Newman University Sanctuary Scholarship 2022
Qualified and interested applicants are to click on the link below to apply.
When is the Newman University Sanctuary Scholarship Application Deadline
- Applications are now open.
- Applications closing date is midday, 22nd July 2022.
Now It’s Your Turn
Now I’d like to hear from you:
Are you going to apply for these scholarships in 2022 Right Away?
Or maybe you’re ready to start searching for other financial aid.
Either way, leave a comment below right now.