Do you want to commence your study abroad adventure with the National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies – (GRIPS) Scholarships? Great news! Applications for GRIPS Scholarships are currently open. On this page, we will explain in detail this scholarship program, its benefits, and the step-by-step application process.
GRIPS Scholarships 2022-2023 are fully funded master’s scholarships for international students. The National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS) Scholarships for International Students, is valued at JPY ¥147,000 for the duration of 24 -month master’s degrees.
The National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS) has a number of scholarships for which intended GRIPS international students may apply, and full scholarships are available for outstanding applicants. Below is a simplified list of scholarships that applicants may be matched with. Please review the information below and consult the links provided to learn more about these funding opportunities.
The National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS) is an international premier policy school with the aim of contributing to the betterment of democratic governance around the world. We excel at providing interdisciplinary education for future leaders in the public sector and conducting research on contemporary policy issues to generate innovative solutions.
GRIPS offers a diverse array of Master’s and Doctoral Programs, from which students cultivate the ability to analyze issues and suggest solutions, develop interdisciplinary knowledge and skills that span related fields, and gain practical expertise. In addition to our degree programs, we also offer executive-level short-term training programs across a wide range of themes.
- 1 CHECK OUT THESE SCHOLARSHIPS
- 2 Scholarship Summary
- 3 Scholarship Coverage
- 4 Eligibility Criteria for GRIPS Scholarships 2022/2023
- 5 How to Apply for GRIPS Scholarships 2022/2023
CHECK OUT THESE SCHOLARSHIPS
- ADB – Japan Scholarship
- Angela Adams Scholarship
- Mext Scholarship
- Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- Southern Cross University Scholarships for International Students
- Edith Cowan University Scholarships for International Students
- Australia Scholarships
- JFUNU Scholarships for MSc in Sustainability Programme for Developing Country Students
- Level of Study: Masters and PhD
- Institution(s): The National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS)
- Study in: Japan
- Courses Offered:
- One-year Master’s Program of Public Policy (MP1) / Two-year Master’s Program of Public Policy (MP2)
- Young Leaders Program (YLP)
- Macroeconomic Policy Program (MEP)
- Disaster Management Policy Program (DMP) (Seismology, Earthquake Engineering, Tsunami)
- Disaster Management Policy Program (DMP) (Water related)
- Maritime Safety and Security Policy Program (MSP)
- Policy Analysis Program (PA)
- GRIPS Global Governance Program (G-cube)
- Science, Technology and Innovation Policy Program (STI)
- Disaster Management Program
- Program Period: 24 Months (according to the program).
GRIPS Scholarships provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Monthly stipend: JPY157,000
- Application fee, admission fee, and tuition
- An economy-class air ticket from your home country to Japan upon enrollment at GRIPS and an economy-class air ticket from Japan to your home country upon completion of your studies at GRIPS
- Pre-arrival allowance: JPY20,000 Required field trip costs
- Book allowance: up to JPY100,000 (One year Program), up to JPY75,000/year (Two year Program) Computer/software allowance: up to JPY100,000
- Settling-in allowance: JPY70,000
- Other allowances
Eligibility Criteria for GRIPS Scholarships 2022/2023
- The specific scholarship will be determined by GRIPS based on eligibility requirements imposed by the scholarship providers. GRIPS targets students who are mid-career public officials with strong leadership and managerial potential as well as individuals with strong academic capabilities who desire to be professional policy analysts or to pursue an academic career.
- Candidates applying for Masters Programs and 5-year Ph.D. Programs must possess a Bachelors degree or its equivalent. Candidates applying for 3-year Ph.D. Programs must possess a Masters degree or its equivalent.
The eligibility criteria differ for each scholarship, see the 2020 GRIPS Scholarship Summary Page for eligibility criteria for each scholarship.
How to Apply for GRIPS Scholarships 2022/2023
To apply for the ongoing GRIPS Scholarships, ensure you have read all the presented requirements. and be sure you fit in.
- Click here to visit the GRIPS Scholarships Application Portal.
- Next, click here to visit our Japan Scholarships Application Portal.
- Select your choice for the National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS) Scholarships Openings,
- Read the requirements,
- Next, apply for any of the the National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS) Scholarships 2022 openings.
- Click here and add your email, to get Latest Scholarships updates.
When is the National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS) Scholarships Application Deadline?
The application deadlines for GRIPS Scholarships are as follows:
- Six Weeks from the date of publication.
Now It’s Your Turn
Now I’d like to hear from you:
Are you going to apply for National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS) Scholarships 2022/2023 Right Away?
Or maybe you’re ready to start searching for other financial aid.
Either way, leave a comment below right now.