Welcome to the Information about Iceland Visa – Requirements & How to Apply page. If you are here to learn more about Iceland Visa? Then you’re at the right place.
Iceland, the land of fire and ice, has become a popular travel destination over the past few years. Despite that, its visitors still need their visa permits to enter Iceland and remain there for a limited period of time.
Is Iceland Part of Schengen Area?
Yes, of course, Iceland is a member of the Schengen Area. The island country first signed the Schengen agreement on 19 December 1996. It signed a second agreement, which replaced the first, on 18 May 1999 following the incorporation of the agreement into EU law with the Treaty of Amsterdam. Iceland finally started the implementation of the agreement on 25 March 2001.
Who Needs a Visa to Enter Iceland?
Those whose countries are part of a Schengen agreement or are from one of the visa-exempt countries except that every other person needs to apply for an Iceland Schengen visa if you are a passport holder of one of the countries that do not have a visa facilitation agreement with Schengen.
What Types of Visas for Iceland Can I Apply For?
The Iceland visa type you need to apply for is very important. The visa type defines which documents you should submit, and the activities you are permitted to perform while in Iceland.
To decide what visa type fits you best think about the reason why you wish to travel to Iceland, and what you plan to do there.
There are a few types of visas to Iceland depending on your purpose of entry and period of stay. These visas are categorized as follows:
- Iceland Transit Visa. You only need to land in Iceland to catch another plane or vessel to your non-Schengen destination country.
- Iceland Tourist and Visitor Visa. If you need to travel to Iceland for a short-stay strip of up to 90 days, within a six month period. It is a short-stay visa for Iceland and it permits you to travel throughout the whole Schengen territory.
- Iceland Business Visa. For business travelers to Iceland who have to attend conferences or business meetings and will not stay longer than 90 days.
- Iceland Cultural, Sports and Religious event visa.
- Iceland Medical Treatment Visa.
- Iceland Long Stay Visa.
How to Apply for Iceland Visa
- Find out when you need to apply for a visa to Iceland.
- Check where you need to apply for an Iceland visa.
- File the Iceland visa application form.
- Collect the required documents.
- Schedule a visa appointment.
- Attend the visa interview.
- Pay the Iceland visa fee.
Iceland Visa Fee
The amount of money you will have to pay for a visa to Iceland depends on a few factors. These are the purpose of entry, the period of stay, your age, etc.
If you are an adult applying for a short stay visa for Iceland, you will need to pay a fee of €80. Children under the age of 12 have to pay a reduced fee of €40. Whereas, those under the age of six are waived from paying the fee.
The fee for a long stay visa to Iceland is around €56.
You will need to pay the fee either online if you are applying through a third-party company or in person during the interview.
Other Related Visas
- Schengen Visa – All You Need to Know
- Turkey Visa – Applications and Guidelines
- Apply for UK Student Visa Application 2022
- USA Visa Application 2022
- Cyprus Visa Application 2021 & Requirements
- Austria Visa – Requirements, Fees & How to Apply
- France Visa – Requirements & How to Apply
- Germany Visa – Requirements & How to Apply
- Belarus Visa – Requirements & How to Apply
- Bulgaria Visa Application, Visa types, Requirements & How to Apply
- Travel Insurance for International Travelers, Students, Workers, and Immigrants
- Croatia Visa Application, Visa types, Requirements & How to Apply
- Finland Visa – Requirements & How to Apply
- Georgia Visa – Application & Guidelines
- Fairleigh Dickinson Scholarships 2022 Application Portal
- Bristol University Think Big Scholarships 2022 – Application Guidelines
- Greece Visa – Application and Guidelines
Now It’s Your Turn
Now I’d like to hear from you:
Are you going to apply for Iceland Visa – Requirements, Fees & How to Apply Right Away?
Or maybe you’re ready to start searching for financial aid.
Either way, leave a comment below right now