KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation Nigeria, is a non-profit public health organization firmly equipped with technical and administrative capacity in providing technical TB and TB/HIV support services, strengthening TB service delivery, support health system strengthening and research in Nigeria. Our programs are designed to advance the WHO Global End TB strategy of creating a world free of TB. We employ a systems approach, using data-driven quality improvement methods to identify and address gaps in TB diagnostic and treatment services. Our work to end TB focuses on collaborative planning, design, and implementation, engaging the private sector, strengthening service delivery platforms, community structures and improving the quality of services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Officer
Vacancy Number: KN058
Reports to: The Laboratory Advisors
The USAID Funded COVID-19 Vaccination Acceleration Project (1 Year)
- This project seeks to promote COVID-19 vaccine access, acceptability, and uptake, while strengthening adverse drug reaction feedback and timely response, by leveraging on the ongoing USAID-supported TB LON 1 & 2 project structures.
- This project has the primary objective of accelerating widespread and equitable access to and delivery of safe and effective COVID-19 vaccination to unvaccinated individuals at community and facility level in the seven selected USAID TB LON supported states (Anambra, Bauchi, Taraba, Cross River, Kano, Imo & Kaduna) in Nigeria, by supporting the NPHCDA’s SCALES Strategy.5)
Position in the Organization
- The Account Officer will develop and support the financial management system by operating an effective and efficient planning and control cycle, by designing and maintaining the administrative workflows and internal control procedures and by implementing and maintaining relevant IT applications.
- S/he is also responsible for the timely, complete and accurate registration of transactions in the accounting system of KNCV Nigeria and related legal entities and for reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- S/he will keep accurate, complete and up-to-date office records for KNCV Nigeria, as well as to provide general support to at the cluster.
- Hierarchically, the Account Officer reports to the Central Project Coordinator.
- Enters approved budgets into the accounting system
- Provides financial data for donor/partner agreements
- Checks, analyzes and files financial reports from subcontractors/sub awardees
- Compiles financial progress reports in accordance with administrative guidelines, rules and regulations for submission to donors
- Prepares, monitors and verifies outstanding balances and funding requests.
- Checks and assigns codes to all financial documents
- Enters financial documents into the accounting system
- Prepare and process payments in the banking system
- Assist with administrative task related to payroll.
- Ensure that all project incurred expenses are timely paid, documented and filed
- Assist in the annual audit process and related activities
- Conducts internal audit visits to the Regional Offices and ensures follow-up on internal audit findings
- Supports regional and state offices improve the quality of the financial administration
- Assists procurement processes
- Maintains the petty cash accounts
- Prepares financial reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Prepares budgets and budget modifications
- Ensures compliance with all US Government (USG) and KNCV Nigeria financial management and accounting policies and regulations
- Engages in financial and related tasks as required by management
- Assists in developing and updating financial management systems and tool
- Ensures adherence to all major financial rules and regulations which are described in the KNCV Finance Manual and other operations manual of USAID.
- Perform other additional duties as assigned.
Who Are We Looking For?
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting, Finance and or Business Management).
Knowledge / Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in finance management, accounting and working in a project setting
- Demonstrable experience with accounting and financial reporting in USG supported projects
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software systems
- Excellent Excel skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer application (Microsoft office etc)
Behavioral Competencies and Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Must be self-starter with the ability to work in a team, dynamic, solid and open
- Must be flexible with absolute integrity, organizational awareness and understanding of cultural differences.
What Do We Offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) short-term contract with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance.
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated.
- A highly motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application Closing Date
21st April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references which must be indicated on your CV and can be submitted via: [email protected] indicating the Job Position and Vacancy Number as the subject of the email and in their Cover Letter subject heading.
- For more information, please contact us via +234 (0)9030349255.
- Please note that we only consider applications that are received through the KNCV TB Foundation Nigeria recruitment email.
|Job Category||Medical / Pharmaceutical / Healthcare Jobs in Nigeria|