We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Budget and Finance Officer
Job ID: 2208485
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 12 months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Objectives of the Programme
- The mission of WHO’s Health Emergencies Programme (The Programme) is to build the capacity of Member States to manage health emergency risks and, when national capacities are overwhelmed, to lead and coordinate the international health response to contain outbreaks and to provide effective relief and recovery to affected populations.
Description of Duties
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Organize the day-to-day budget and financial operations encompassing quality control, monitoring and clearance, financial accounting and reporting,work plan and award management including cash flow forecasting and monitoring,while liaising with relevant team members.
- Manage funding allocations and awards process, prepare necessary forms for the awards’ cycle and implements all budgetary and financial actions in the Global Management System (GSM), this includes work plan funding requests,submission of award budgets, reprogramming of awards and preparation ofexpenditure batches, while ensuring speedy response to the incident management team’s financial requests. Ensure expenditures are appropriately charged toawards in line with the conditions in agreements with donors.
- Monitor and follow-up on donor reporting deadlines; verify and provide budgetary clearance to proposals and reports for resource mobilization team,ensure compliance with relevant financial policies, procedures and emergency SOPs.
- Track and report on financing against budget: monitor implementation rates, consolidate financial data, analyze and prepare periodic/ad hoc budgetary and financial statements and returns, identify financial gaps, and recommend remedial or alternative action to mangers as appropriate.
- Develop, update and maintain an accurate tracking system of allfinancial activities pertaining to the emergency preparedness, recovery and response operations at the country level.
- Oversee the accurate recording of financial transactions, calculation and payment of salaries, allowances and other payments to staff, non- staff,contractors and vendors.
- Brief/debrief staff members, consultants and WHO responders, on relevant financial and budgetary rules and procedures.
- Draft audit responses, review and follow- up on any outstanding audit recommendations related to area of work.
- Perform any other related incident-specific duties, as required by the functional supervisor.
- Essential: A first level University Degree in Accounting, Financial Management, Business or Public Administration or Economics with specialization in Budgeting / Accounting from an accredited/recognized institute.
- Desirable: An advanced University Degree (Master’s level or above) in business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or Public Administration. Professional qualification or licensure in Accounting/Accountancy.
- Essential: At least two (2) years professional experience, at the national and international level, in finance, budget/accounting. Demonstrated experience in accounting and consolidation of financial data using ERP systems or similar packages
- Desirable: Prior experience in supporting emergency or health outbreak operations at the field level. Relevant experience with WHO, other UN agencies or with an international Non-Governmental Organization.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting, budgetary and financial management principles and their application.
- Excellent understanding of accounting practices and procedures, including the application of IPSAS.
- Strong analytical, time management and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of WHO rules, regulations, policies and practices would be an asset.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Producing results
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
- Desirable: Expert knowledge of English.
- Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at NGN19,956,269 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
Application Closing Date
21st September, 2022 (10:59 PM)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
|Job Category||Accounting / Accountant / Auditing / Tax / Finance Jobs in Nigeria, Finance / Accounting / Audit / Tax Jobs in Nigeria|