Job Title: Data Analyst, Nigeria Monitoring Project
Location: Abuja, NG-NG, Nigeria
Category: International Development
The Data Analyst will provide technical advice, assistance, and guidance to the program office, technical teams, and implementing partners on issues related to the Mission’s monitoring and evaluation activities for the Abuja and Maiduguri offices. The Analyst will play a significant role in helping to manage all datasets and data systems. The Analyst will also play an integral role in the drafting, editing, and overall quality control of Site Visit Reports (SVRs), Monthly Monitoring Summary Reports (MMSRs), special studies, and other NMP reporting deliverables. The position reports directly to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) with oversight provided by the Chief of Party (COP).
- Create and manage project datasets and data systems.
- Produce monthly statistical and review reports.
- Respond to routine and ad hoc data inquiries from USAID and partners.
- Perform scheduled and ad hoc data quality control reviews in coordination with local field coordinators as required.
- Develop draft data visualization products in conjunction with MSI Headquarters support.
- Conduct data quality assessments (DQAs) to identify the validity, reliability, and integrity of performance data gathered to monitor program performance as required.
- Help support in the preparation of comprehensive performance monitoring plans.
- Provide advice to NMP management on data collection, reporting methodologies and instruments to identify any systemic flaws and to support the development of systems that produce consistent, cost-effective, reliable, and timely data and reports.
- Participate in analyzing data collected from the field, preparing Site Visit Reports, Monthly Monitoring Summary Reports, and Quarterly Reports to USAID.
- Support the development of tools, such as PowerPoint presentations, to further disseminate findings, conclusions and recommendations in a format that is user-friendly and suitable for collaboration, learning and adaptation.
- Support the planning and dissemination of monthly monitoring findings.
- Assist in the creation and review of NMP data collection instruments and data collection plans.
- Backstop the WASH sector and Warehouse and Commodities monitoring and evaluation.
- Work collaboratively with other technical team members.
- Perform any other duties as may be required or assigned by the DCOP and COP.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, political science, international development, social sciences, statistics, or related fields is required. Master’s degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum two years of professional-level experience in monitoring and evaluation of donor-funded projects, such as USAID, DFID, etc., or related sector program management, and technical/monitoring and evaluation skills are required.
- Experience in strategic planning, design and application of methods and strategies to produce, analyze and use data, as well as share/communicate information with a variety of actors in different environments.
- Experience in conducting data quality assessments on humanitarian projects.
- Experience in sectors including Health, WASH, Nutrition, Food Assistance, Shelter & Settlements, Protection, and Warehouse & Commodities Management highly desirable.
- Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative field research in conflict zones is preferred.
- Experience with common statistical packages, such as STATA, R, SPSS, SAS and power user knowledge of Excel.
- Experience in use of data visualization and mapping tools
- Strong interpersonal skills such as communication, negotiation, representational and program/project management and coordination, time management, quantitative and analytical skills required.
- Strong oral and written proficiency in English is required.
|Job Category||Data Analyst/Data Management/Database Administrator/Data Scientist Jobs in Nigeria|