Enugu State Government invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to the post of:
Job Title: Secretary / Legal Adviser, Enugu State Water Corporation
- The Secretary / Legal Adviser shall assist the Chairman and the Managing Director in the discharge of their functions.
- Organise and take minutes of the meeting of Board
- Be the custodian of the company seal and records of the corporation, and conduct correspondence of the corporation;
- Arrange for payment of foes and allowances of meetings and all other matters affecting members of the Board;
- Perform all duties as the Chairman or the Managing Director may from time to time direct;
- Communicate policy decisions of the Board or Committee meeting to the affected departments:
- Render necessary advice in compliance with Laws, rules and regulation affecting the corporation;
- Advise the Board and the Management Committee, and review all matter of legal significance to the corporation;
- To handle all conveyances involving the corporation;
- To select outside counsel with the consent of the Honorable Attorney General liaise and supervision same in the performance of his functions
- Establish and maintain the register and minutes books as may be deemed necessary for the purposes of the corporation,
- Keep custody of copies of assets register, financial and annual reports of the corporation:
- Prepare, vet and review all contractual agreements, and
- Shall be the head of legal unit of the corporation.
To be eligible for appointment as Secretary/Legal Adviser of Enugu State Water Corporation, the candidate must possess the following:
- A good Honours Degree in Law LLB,BL, and called to bar
- A legal practitioner with at least a minimum of (5) years post call experience; and
- Proficiency in information and communication technology
Terms of Appointment
- The conditions of service are as obtainable in the Enugu State Public Service System.
Application Closing Date
11th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications in a sealed envelope marked “Post of Secretary / Legal Adviser” on the top left hand corner and addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary (Gen Administration),
Office of the Secretary to the State Government,
First floor, Abuja Building,
Government House, Enugu,
- Candidates are to submit typewritten applications, with photocopies of relevant credentials, ten copies each, First School Leaving Certificate, 2 passport photographs, curriculum vitae, letter of identification from the traditional ruler/ Local Government Area, Birth certificate or sworn declaration of age, names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be the candidates present employers.
- Each referee is to forward a confidential report on the application directly to the address below.
|Job Category||Administrative / Secretarial / Personal Assistant (PA) / Clerical / Office Assistant Jobs in Nigeria|