We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
Level: Entry Level
Reporting to: Finance Officer
Proposed start date: October 2022
- We are looking to fill the role of the Finance Assistant who will be responsible to provide support to manage the cash book payment, posting and cash count, support timely consolidation of base accountancy, support Finance Officer in daily management of the bank book: posting and reconciliation.
- Support the Maiduguri program’s cash transfer implementation;
- Make payments and verify the consistency of supporting documents submitted in accordance with the ACF’s procedures, ensuring all invoices are accurate, consistent and signed;
- Check the nature of all documents presented for retirements (photocopy, original, pro forma, translation, date, signature, stamp, terms used, accuracy of calculations, etc.).
- Manage the base cash box.
- Classify & split the invoices according to their budget lines if necessary, particularly when they have been used in various operations. At the end of the monthly accountancy closure, prepare the files to be sent to capital (final checking of invoices and their presence.
- Check that all invoices and their amounts are present as from their reception and the coherence with the accountancy in excel file.
- Check that the accounting codes, the project codes and the budget codes are accurate as per the attached PR or program allowance request form.
- Check that all the invoices are present for each transaction in the accountancy;
- Finalize the dispatch of files by adding labels and adequate packaging for the originals to be sent to capital.
- File and archive the copies in the base.
- A University Degree / HND, B.Sc in Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or any Finance related course.
- Exceptional organization, time management, and attention to detail.
- Professionalism, honesty, reliability, autonomy & strong sense of responsibility.
- Very good communication & training skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills particularly in MS excel, literacy and numeracy;
- Fluent in English.
- Team player, flexible.
- Committed to ACF values.
- Strong accounting skills.
- Sense of confidentiality.
- Ability to manage and follow work plans.
- Good interpersonal skills (communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player).
- Able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistic and team needs.
- Champion of Action Against Hunger Charter values of; Professionalism, Transparency, Neutrality, Access to Victims and Non-Discrimination.
Starting Basic Salary / Benefits
- NGN216,006 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
4th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
|Job Category||Assistant Jobs in Nigeria, Finance / Accounting / Audit / Tax Jobs in Nigeria|